Yes, it’s been a while…
Does heart disease run in your family? Don’t stress, just take control!
There are dietary choices that you can make to lower your own risk and control your health.
Cardiovascular diseases , a group of diseases that include conditions that affect the heart or the vascular system such as coronary heart disease, peripheral arterial disease, and even pulmonary embolism, are the most common causes of deathEating Habits You Must Follow If Heart Disease Runs In Your Family
Here are some habits to take on if you have a higher risk of heart disease:
- Eat Walnuts: Walnuts are the only tree nut that is an excellent source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Research has shown that consuming foods high in omega-3 ALA may help reduce the risk of heart disease through anti-inflammatory effects.
- Cook and eat with Olive oil: olive oil is a source of monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols, which with high antioxidant properties. “every 10 grams of extra-virgin olive oil per day reduced Cardiovascular diseases risk by 10%.
- Eating more fruits: helps reduce your risk of being affected by cardiovascular disease. This is thanks to the vitamins, fiber, minerals, and phytochemicals that you get from fruits.
- Drink some green tea: Linked to lower risk of Cardiovascular disease, along with lowering risk of cancer, boosting brain health and more. Secret Effects of Drinking Green Tea
- Use sodium-free herbs and spices instead of salt in your meals. “Strong evidence indicates that reduction of salt intake lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). The WHO has set a global target of reducing the population salt intake from the current level of approximately 10 g daily to <5 g daily. PUBMED
- Avoid ultra-processed meat and eat fish, poultry, and nuts instead: “Ultra-processed meats that are cured, smoked, or otherwise preserved have been linked to increased CVD risk thanks to the presence of certain components like sodium, nitrates, and L-carnitine that may lead to elevations in blood pressure, worsening oxidative stress, greater lipid peroxidation, and unfavorable alterations of the gut microbiome.”
- Eat a Mediterranean diet: this diet is a lifestyle more than a diet and incudes olive oil, nuts, seeds, fish, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. It is a good way to lower CVD as they limit fried foods, concentrated sweets, and many types of meat.
All this to say, if you come from a family with prominent risk of Cardiovascular disease, take control and begin by managing your lifestyle through some healthier habits.
Hey everyone ! I know it has been a while I have not posted. Soon I will share the reasons as I would like to share my experience to help your experiences!
Here are a few stretches that can and will change your life. Take a look!
As the weather gets colder and Covid gets more prominent, it is important to keep in mind that the outside workouts are not over. In fact, maybe it is time for you to take on an innovative winter sport or workout such as running outside, playing hockey outside, biking outside, or simply doing general training outside.
This comes to my mind as I personally get ready for the colder weathers to run outside and shop around for the best fabric for clothing for winter. Many people think layer up but honestly its not about the amount of layers you put on, it is about the type of layers.
Here are A few tips on what to invest in for this Winter weather:
To start, here are some fabrics to focus on when purchasing base layers for staying warm and having breathability and lightweight: Wool, Silk, Polyester, Fleece, Down, and Nylon.
Furthermore, How to Effectively Layer Your Clothing. you will simply need the right 3 layers.
1. Bottom layer: this is essential to keep you dry as to not sweat and get wet underneath you clothes. This layer you would want to be a long sleeve Merino wool, silk /or polyester.
2. Middle layer: this layer serves as an insulator to keep you warm but not overheat. You want to have a light weight here. For this, Fleece is the best layer.
3. Top layer: this final layer needs to be windproof and waterproof. this would be nylon or down with good shell.
Another waterproof alternative to consider is Gore-Tex outer layer (this works for jackets and shoes too). allowing you to stay warm and dry when doing outdoor activities like running, and more.
So get out there and enjoy this weather!! Don’t let it stop you!
Brrrrrrr it’s Covid Outside!!!
It is estimated that about 1 in 8 Canadian women will develop breast cancer during their lifetime and 1 in 33 will die from it.
According to Health Canada, Breast Cancer is the third most common cancer in Canada and the primary cancer affecting women in the country. The federal health organization says that one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, with 83 per cent of those cases occurring in women aged 50 plus.
As we enter into November, it is important to note that Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October, was an important month to recognize as Breast Cancer is much more common than we acknowledge. So if you missed the Awareness about Breast Cancer, take another moment as we pass through November, because being aware of it is a lifetime hardship that you can avoid or treat, IF CAUGHT AT AN EARLY STAGE!
Catching a Cancer at an early stage makes a Whole difference, from realizing you are at a late stage and can do absolutely nothing about it but lose your life, lose your breast, or it having transferred onto other organs, and some that are untreatable or deathly. All this to say, being aware and taking precautions when it comes to CANCER in general, it can make a whole difference, to you and those you love and love you.
DID YOU KNOW ?
Early signs of breast cancer can be a lump in a breast, a painful breast or armpit, or a discharge from the nipple. Sometimes you even have no symptoms, and this is especially why it is important to get checked up with your doctor yearly, as early onset discovery can go a long way from saving you from possibly dying or completely losing your breasts or more.
It is important to help increase attention and support for the awareness of this possible deadly disease if left untreated and undiagnosed.
|5-year net survival (estimates for 2012 to 2014)||80%||88%|
YES MEN CAN GET BREAST CANCER TOO!
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian women (excluding non-melanoma skin cancers). It is the second leading cause of death from cancer in Canadian women. Breast cancer can also occur in men, but it is not common.
Trends in breast cancer
The breast cancer incidence rate in women in Canada rose between 1984 and 1991. The rate has fluctuated since then, with an overall small decrease. The increase until the early 1990s occurred partly because mammography was used more often, which meant that more cases of breast cancer were found. The reasons for the later fluctuation are not clear but may include long-term changes in hormonal factors, like if a woman started having her menstrual periods when she was young, breastfeeding and oral contraceptive use. The breast cancer death rate peaked in 1986 and has been declining since. This reduction in death rates likely reflects the impact of screening and improvements in treatment for breast cancer.
For more facts, see: https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/breast/statistics/?region=bc
2020 has been a powerful reminder that we are all in this together, and our choices and actions make a difference in our lives and those around us. Our loved ones, our friends, our community, and so on.
TAKE ACTION, CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!
It has been advised and warned that Red, yellow, white, and sweet yellow onions grown by Thomson International Inc. and imported from the USA are being recalled due to Salmonella.
Some of the brands recalled are: El Competidor, Imperial Fresh, Onions 52, Tender Loving Care, Thomson International, Thomson International Premium, Thomson Premium.
This is for all products imported since May 1, 2020.
Please see this link for more information: https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/inspection/2020/73639r-eng.php
If I told you that if you add a simple move in your day, you may feel so much healthier and more relaxed, would you do it?
It’s really that simple, take a look:
Are you trying to lose weight and want it ASAP?If you are looking to find the best exercise to burn the most calories, watch this inspirational athlete and follow for best results and lifestyle.
Stay happy, stay healthy!
Working out from home can get confusing at times. You dont have a trainer to tell you what to do, how to do it and why to do it. You simply hey a list are told to do it continuously. So here is 26 workouts, pretty common ones, that you should know. Hopefully you can now pick and choose what body part you want to workout ans also can follow an at home workout without hesitation or confusion. Find your confidence and your comfort.
You got this! Lets stick together and keep up the good work.
Be healthy and stay healthy! And Active. 🙂
I know it has been tough these days to catch inspiration but I hope you are up for the challenge. I mean after all, you have the time. I find this guy has it covered. Follow him and his form and see where it gets you.
Follow this exercise NOW. Don’t waste your time saying I’ll do it later or tomorrow. NOW is your time. You got this!