This was a very interesting Ted talk that I found could benefit all couples, from those with a strong sexual connection to those who have lost their sexual connection. Marriage can be difficult at times, after years of being with the same person, with the introduction of kids, long hours at work, finances, there are many aspects in your life that can lead to your connection losing it’s way. It is important to notice and value how important that sexual connection is, or your health, your relationship and your simple well being with people around you and your self.
There are 2 important secrets to keeping or rebuilding sexual connection, I wont spoil it for you, watch Emily Nagoski’s 10 minute video.
How couples can sustain a strong sexual connection for a lifetime
If it interests you, You can view more videos from sex educator Emily Nagoski.
Most of us struggle to save money, not waste our money, have a drive for success for a future goal. I sure am one of them. Watch Wendy de la Rosa with her 3 tricks on how you could do that. It is a quick 5 minute video worth your time.
Life, it takes you places. Your years and experiences, they Shape You. Some things that happen to you in your existence can affect you and can lead to major insecurities that can transpire into very negative feelings that you won’t even recognize.
If you find yourself going through something you cannot explain, just try to remember that YOU ARE ENOUGH, and seek the help you need to get through it, because likely is, you just need to be made aware of your insecurities.
What is good for you ? What is bad for you?
There is so much out there – warnings, advice, diets, challenges, etc. but do we know what to actually avoid?
Here are 50 EVIL foods. Won’t list all 50, but I will tell you that even in the healthiest options, it can be unhealthy. Good example of this is yes, Salad is GOOD, but dressings, some can be BAD.
For the list of things to avoid / substitute, see link below:
I don’t want to bore you by naming them all. I will simply share this link with you. It is seriously going to blow your mind.
Explore this and have some fun!
Here I was working away and came across this article about Household items that many of us have at home, but are oblivious to their danger and the bacteria they hold. This is not something to take lightly and disregard, because some of these damages include infertility, cancer, emphysema, kidney tissue damage, and birth defects. To say the least, take your time to read and take these in.
These are 20 items:
- Toothbrush: the American Dental Association advises that it is important to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 weeks, as they become less effective with wear and tear. You are therefore brushing almost uselessly.
- Dish Sponge: This is actually one of the dirtiest items you will have in your kitchen. Research shows that a dish sponge is 200,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat – and could even cause paralysis due to bacteria called campylobacter. It should be changed weekly.
- Oven Cleaner: the sodium hydroxide is a very destructive chemical. Drain openers is another; using baking soda paste and vinegar to clean is a healthier option.
- Air Freshener: these contain a phthalates chemical inside them which lead to hormone imbalance and reproductive problems, which we are unaware of. Exposure to these chemicals can cause lower testosterone levels and decrease sperm counts/quality, according to the National Resource Defense Council. These can also cause malformations of the male reproductive tract and testicular cancer.
- Some Makeup Products: makeup shelf life is 24 months for some and others like mascara is 3 months. Most makeup will have many preservatives to keep them good and keep bacteria away. It is important to throw out when they are no longer effective, i.e. shelf life runs.
- Non-Stick Cookware: these cookware are made with chemicals (perfluorooctanoic acid), which are harmful to the liver, thyroid, and the immune system at whole. Opt for stainless steel, glass, ceramic, or iron cookware instead.
- Expired Foods: Expiry dates are there for a reason, they are less effective. Don’t risk food poisoning or feeling ill.
- Old Air Filters: a poorly maintained AC system can become contaminated and potentially harmful, causing/worsening symptoms such as asthma an allergies.
- Antibacterial Soap: These soaps have triclosan, chlorine, and phosphate in them. triclosan, particularly alters hormone regulation, and cause resistance to antibiotics. That means, these soaps not only kill bad bacteria, but good ones too.
- Scented candles: they smell so good huh? I know! Inhaling the chemicals in them is so harmful for you however. The benzene in them can irritate your skin and cause breathing issues. Other possible side effects, according to EPA, is reproductive issues and brain and central nervous system damages. These candles release toluene, another carcinogen. It is best to use essential oils or soy-based candles instead.
- Pressed-wood products: Common symptoms from acute exposure to formaldehyde, which are in certain wood products, manifest as irritation of the throat, nose, eyes, and skin. They can also lead to chronic bronchitis, and obstructive lung disease with chronic exposure.
- Old medication: FDA says expired meds can be less effective, change chemical composition, decrease in effectiveness and may be at risk of bacterial growth. These can lead to more serious illnesses.
- Gas space heaters: These release toxins and if used inside can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
At least 430 people die in the U. S. from accidental CO poisoning, according to the Center for Diseases Control and Control
- Old Paint: Homes before 1978 can contain lead paint, which can cause damage to the brain and vital organs like the kidneys, nerves and blood, and cause poisoning such as symptoms of headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness.
- Bleaches Products: Products such as chlorinated paper towels, toilet paper, and bleached coffee filters expose us to chlorine gas which is bad for you. They also may contain benzoyl peroxide which is dangerous.
- Plastic Containers: the toxic bisphenol-A (BPA) found in plastics can have a dangerous effect on the brain. It can also plays with your hormones. Switch to glass containers or stainless steel.
- Mothballs: Some countries have banned moth balls containing the chemical naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene inside it. These are dangerous as they become a gas when exposed to air. They may also cause cancer. Naphthalene is most toxic as it causes red blood cells to break apart, and cause hemolytic anemia.
- Furniture Polish: these contain chemicals of phenol and nitrobenzene which are easily absorbed by the skin and are harmful to the liver and your whole health, including limiting the ability of the blood to carry oxygen, headache, irritability, dizziness, weakness, and drowsiness.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaners: The corrosive items are most hazardous cleaning items in your house. They carry hydrochloric acid which is very toxic.
- multipurpose cleaner : this stuff is often used in your kitchen but the chemicals inside it are so harmful to you. Smelling it alone, you can tell the ingredients inside are toxic, and unnatural.
To learn more, see 20 household items you should throw out immediately.
Plantar Fasciitis is one of the most common sources of heel pain. Plantar fasciitis is pain on the bottom of one or both heels, caused by irritation to the plantar fascia, which are the dense tissue bands that connect the heels to the toes.
Fasciia pain is usually can be felt on the first step out of bed in the morning.
If worsened, pain can be felt any time while walking, running or jumping.
Plantar fasciitis is probably one of the most annoying staggering injuries one can have. I would know, I suffered with it for a good year. It impacted my whole life, I had to stop running, playing soccer, doing certain workouts and basically impaired my lifestyle in such a disapointing way.
Points to keep in mind:
- Stretching your foot 2-3 times a day (up to 5 minutes)
- Nutrients to relax tendon – magnesium 500mg/day/vitamin B5 /Fish oil Omega 3 / Vitamin C
- anti-inflamatory diet
- the right shoes to help stretch tendons (walking bearfoot helps and/or wearing Vibram barefoot shoes)
I wish someone shared this video with me then, but here is it. I hope it helps you if you are suffering from this.
I watched this TED Talk and thought to myself, this is true in various countries and societies.
Soraya Chemaly talks about The power of women’s anger and how many women are told they need to sustain from expressing it because it’s not lady like.
Watch this video and tell me what you think. https://go.ted.com/CALm
Most E. coli bacteria are benign but some can cause illness, with symptoms including severe stomach cramps, diarrhea and vomiting.
Canadians are being warned to avoid eating Romaine lettuce, as 18 have become ill and counting.
Read this for more info:
You are warned!