Your Healthy Solutions!
Here are a few tips that I live by; and I want you to Live by them too.
1. Cut the Sugar: Sugar spikes your insulin. Avoid Processed food too, it is filled with sugar. Instead, have a high protein and vegetables vegetable diet. The protein helps build muscle and veggies are carbohydrates low on the glycemic index (GI), they are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised, cause a lower and slower rise in blood glucose and, therefore lower insulin levels. Other good carbs are brown rice, sweet potatoes and quinoa as they are slow digesting carbs with low GI.
2. Allow yourself Cheat Meals: Having a cheat meal once a week is allowed if you take care of your body and treat it well. Your healthy lifestyle can afford it, but note that this rule only works if you’re working out.
3. Schedule a Fat Burning Workout Routine: Doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a great way to shed extra weight as this exercise gets your heart rate to go through the roof for about a short period then allows it to rest and repeats, which increases your heart rate in intervals. This is a great fat burning workout.
4. Keep a routine: Starving yourself, we have already discussed, is a pure no no. It only causes your body to get confused and store the fat as it does not know when it will be fed again. Therefore keeping a routine and eating small meals every 3 hours or so will allow your body to read you better and know to burn as it will be fed again soon. This routine over time allows you to eat tons of food but consistently stay low in body fat, as your metabolism will spike and you will continue to burn throughout the day.
5. Surround yourself with people like YOU: Truth is, it is really hard to be healthy if you are surrounded by unhealthy people, so be choosy with your friends. I swear by this tip and have like-minded friends, which I absolutely love. These friends keep me on my feet and allow me to continue being happy. One in particular, always teaching me new health tips and different workouts, which feels absolutely amazing. Hanging out together is never an impediment as being healthy and staying fit is a lifestyle, and we both live by that. Friends that train together, stay together, right?! So build your life around people with similar goals.
For more information, see article by Nicolas Cole in Medical Daily.