Should I stay or should I quit?
Here are five ways to tell if you NEED something new.
1. You are chronically worn out, exhausted and depleted: if you get home and your body is broken down and cannot think of doing anything else, you have depleted yourself to the point of exhaustion.
Your body tells you what your lips cannot.
2. Your skills, responsibilities, and tasks are not you at all: Do you care about what you are doing? Is it YOU? Do you have what you do, find it useless or worthless? Do you see yourself wanting to make a bigger difference? You may really be in the wrong field.
3. You’ve come to the point where your salary no longer makes up for the boredom and emptiness you feel: The money can make you *happy* for so long, but are you over it? Is material no longer satisfying you? Sometimes, making less money can make you much happier than making more, and you need to make that decision. Is the money keeping you stuck in your position?
Hang on here – I have this money, but I hate how I spend my life making it.
4. Despite all the “right” choices you made in your career, the outcome feels very wrong: You have worked so hard to be where you are, but you HATE where you landed. Yes, that is so possible and you know, you need to be brave enough to acknowledge that. you need to know when what you believed was for you, is NOT YOU AT ALL, and that is totally fine. Life is not always what we seem it to be, and this is what life is all about, change, new, experience, learning.
5. You have the irrepressible feeling that your talents and abilities could/should be used in a totally different (more creative and impactful) way: If you are thinking, there is more to life than what you are doing, then there very much may be. Listen to your gut, don’t lie to yourself.
There’s another way to live and work, even though you can’t see it yet.
So, you have been given a quick glimpse of reality. Life, career, happiness, they all need to intertwine, you cannot be happy if you hate what you do 8 or more hours of your day. If you feel this article has given you an eye opener then maybe you needed one. Wake up, Make a Change. Life is too short to live it on a candle waiting to be burned out. You need fire, you need happiness, you need a good life, you only get it once.
I hope you have found yourself a little more today. Have a great Sunday!