Celery with Benefits
Celery is not the most Tasteful… but Damn is it Beneficial!
Celery is an under-Rated vegetable as many of us think its just Water and Crunch, but it is much more; as it is a good source of calcium, vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
What Other Benefits?
- Celery has Anti-Canceous properties, with its rich component called Luteolin which helps to lower the growth of Cancer cells in the pancreas.
- It contains Phthalide and pottassium which helps to lower blood pressure by reducing the production of stress hormones.
- Celery also helps maintain a normal cholesterol and regulating Vitamin D. Also includes 3-n-butylphthalide (BuPh), a component with the function of lowering cholesterol and maintaining a healthy heart. The Chicago University study showed that two stalks of celery a day can reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by up to 7 points.
- Celery is healthy for the eyes too, as it contains Vitamin E and antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenol phytonutrients, which keeps the eye moisturised.
- Hippocrates, the father of medicine, wrote that Celery is a vegetable that can be used to calm our nerves and provide a great relief to joint pains, asthma, acne or lung infections. Celery’s special benefit is its components to help reduce inflammation.
- Celery helps boost a man’s fertility, as Dr. Alan R. Hirsch, Director of the Smeel and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, says :
Two pheromones in celery–androstenone and androstenol–can boost your arousal levels. Another good news is celery oil has been found effective in boosting the number and motility of sperm, when it is used together with vitamin E.
- These stalks improve digestion which allows your body to absorb better nutrients, with its high water content, and the NBP (a healthful compound) in the vegetable as it improved circulation in the intestines and helping the body to detox.
- Finally, it helps you lose weight as it is low in calorie (10 calories per large stalk) and rich in nutrients like magnesium and potassium, as previously mentioned. Celery helps you regulate lipids and fats in the body which controls metabolism and restricts obesity. Not to mention, in reality, you are losing more weight chewing on that stalk more than anything else. So moral of the story, eating celery makes you lose weight, and don’t take that lightly because it’s true.
For more details and some Celery recipes, see link below:
Posted on April 1, 2017, in Health, Interesting facts, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged benefits, blood pressure, Celery, cholesterol, magnesium, Potassium, weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.