Category Archives: Fitness
Here are a few tips that I live by; and I want you to Live by them too.
1. Cut the Sugar: Sugar spikes your insulin. Avoid Processed food too, it is filled with sugar. Instead, have a high protein and vegetables vegetable diet. The protein helps build muscle and veggies are carbohydrates low on the glycemic index (GI), they are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised, cause a lower and slower rise in blood glucose and, therefore lower insulin levels. Other good carbs are brown rice, sweet potatoes and quinoa as they are slow digesting carbs with low GI.
2. Allow yourself Cheat Meals: Having a cheat meal once a week is allowed if you take care of your body and treat it well. Your healthy lifestyle can afford it, but note that this rule only works if you’re working out.
3. Schedule a Fat Burning Workout Routine: Doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a great way to shed extra weight as this exercise gets your heart rate to go through the roof for about a short period then allows it to rest and repeats, which increases your heart rate in intervals. This is a great fat burning workout.
4. Keep a routine: Starving yourself, we have already discussed, is a pure no no. It only causes your body to get confused and store the fat as it does not know when it will be fed again. Therefore keeping a routine and eating small meals every 3 hours or so will allow your body to read you better and know to burn as it will be fed again soon. This routine over time allows you to eat tons of food but consistently stay low in body fat, as your metabolism will spike and you will continue to burn throughout the day.
5. Surround yourself with people like YOU: Truth is, it is really hard to be healthy if you are surrounded by unhealthy people, so be choosy with your friends. I swear by this tip and have like-minded friends, which I absolutely love. These friends keep me on my feet and allow me to continue being happy. One in particular, always teaching me new health tips and different workouts, which feels absolutely amazing. Hanging out together is never an impediment as being healthy and staying fit is a lifestyle, and we both live by that. Friends that train together, stay together, right?! So build your life around people with similar goals.
For more information, see article by Nicolas Cole in Medical Daily.
It is a growing concern, CrossFit, but what’s the deal? Is it bad for you? Is it good for you? Truth is, I really want to give it a chance. I mean yes, I’ve read from the critics and from the lovers. It seems that though CrossFit may cause injuries, so does every other workout. Any inexperience person will hurt themselves if they divert their form.
So, this article from Body Building has said it right, and explains why CrossFit has been dogmatized in many shapes and forms, and while some may be true, it is not fair to solely criticize it as being the only system that can negatively impact your body, as any system, not performed correctly can harm you. This goes beyond simply training, and also applies to everything in life.
WHAT IS CROSSFIT?
In the simplest of terms, CrossFit can be defined as a strength and conditioning system that is designed to promote both broad and targeted physical fitness. The system combines a wide variety of exercises to ensure that a total fitness level is achieved, ensuring balance in the body. This is obtained through a combination of workouts in:
- Weight lifting or Weight training
- Sprinting or Distance Running
In order to gain the most benefit from the CrossFit program, someone training through CrossFit should be at least moderately familiar or proficient in key areas that equal what CrossFit refers to as “10 fitness domains”:
- Respiratory and cardio endurance
CrossFit was created to focus on working across each of the 10 domains. According to CrossFit, this is achieved by promoting neurological and hormonal adaptations across all of the metabolic pathways is in the body.
CrossFit, inevitably, has a reputation, but judging from word of mouth and a ‘reputation’, that is not my thing and should never become yours. Always create your own opinions and conclusions in life. Otherwise, you may miss out in Life.
I will see you on the CrossFit field!
Do you crave your body’s constant growth? Does every vein that comes out give you a high? I am there… You want to build muscle, it’s not all workout. Food has alot of work into it. So lets take a look at this… What helps you build muscle?
I saw this article that made me jump. So Jump with me!
Organic Pastured Beef, Cold water Fish, Kefir, Coconut Oil, Quinoa, Nuts, Berries and Cherries, Green tea, Asparagus and Cinnamon.
All these will help you burn to muscle, so read more on why and how in Muscle Foods… and work it!
Here I was, sitting on my lazy butt eating because I had no set diet plan for the day. You get lazy, you eat crappy, it’s a cycle and you don’t even notice it.
So do you want to get fit? Do you want to lose that extra fat that makes you sick? Take these five tips seriously.
1. Cardio on an empty stomach upon waking up. It can be difficult but try doing it right when u wake up, before hunger strikes. It’s a great fat burner as it targets directly your body fat as opposed to the carbohydrates and foods you have just consumed.
2. Avoid Carbs after 6pm. Your body just can’t lose that and it will simply store into fat.
3. Focus on weight training, if you think pure cardio will lose that belly or lose that fat you are wrong. Your body Works the most when your heart is pounding from that 120 pound squat or deadlift. Make the right decision at the gym. Don’t spend 45 Minutes on a treadmill thinking you got it all under control. Weight training is key for your body fat.
4. Instead of having 3 full on meals a day. Make it several small meals a day. That means you might eat 6 to 7 times as opposed to 3 times, but half sized meals. Prep your body to have a faster metabolism as the smaller the portion the faster it’s burned the faster your metabolism runs. You can do it.
5. Eat a protein meal right before bed. Yes, but this does not mean you have a full meal. That simply means you have a protein such as cottage cheese, fish or chicken. This is essential as your body is working itself out while you are sleeping therefore requiring that energy for bedtime. Remember rule number three though no carbs!
REMEMBER! All this means nothing if you have not had your minimum 7 hour sleep! While sleeping you are resetting your body, while sleeping you are burning calories, while sleeping you are allowing fat loss to have a chance.
Do you find your trying to lose that belly fat and it’s just one stubborn Peace of Fat!?
I Feel you! The thing is.. people don’t truly understand the impact of that excess and how it comes to be and stay. It’s not a simple abs workout that will save your life. It has a lot more implications then you see.
Getting a good night sleep. That’s 8-9 hours where your body is fully rested.
Avoiding Stress as we all know what stress does to our body. Dealing with stress is a way to go. I deal well with stress by doing exactly what is good for me and my belly fat. Go to the gym and express it all there. Bye bye Stress!
Eating well… well duh right? But some people still can’t control that. Avoiding processed foods, junk foods, bad foods. Eat healthy and see how you will feel in 2 days!
Exercice but do it right! Yes cardio helps you lose weight but it’s really not the only answer. Do a full body workout, do some weight lighting, squats, lunges, planks, burpees, just work it! It’s so much Fun!
And the last problem some people run into is only doing abs and thinking they will get killer abs by just working out and doing sit-ups. Reality is, if you workout your body without doing the full workout you are gaining muscle over the fat which is not really what you were looking for. So yes do sit-ups, do simple abs workout but really the full body workout that a plank gives you or a burpee or even a squat can just change your life. So try it out!
Go give it a try and see how you feel! I do Greco Lean and Fit! Maybe give that a try or something like it, circuit training is awesome. See how you will notice your body drastically change! Yes it may be pricey but for your health. It’s damn worth it!
Stay healthy and get Fit!
Read more here:
Reasons you’re not losing belly fat
Do you want a better butt? A nice Butt?
Here are a few exercises to workout your Glutes.
We often question, especially if you are a workout FEEN like I am!
Should I sweat it out by working out, or should I rest it out by taking it easy and skipping the workout for the day?
Well, I am please to tell you, you can SWEAT IT OUT!
But, but, but….. obviously, everything has its limits.
Here is a little more rules and suggestions for you!!!
WOW, AMAZING SHOW !
Watch this and enjoy all the lessons that Celebrity trainer, Jim Karas, and Marilyn Denis present. It’s fun, you will love it.
Let me tell you a little something about it then make sure to watch it all:
Jim Karas teaches us that energy can be sabotaged through what we eat, how we sleep and what we drink, and how we must be careful about how we are exercising and what supplements we are taking. All these can harm you, how? Watch this segment:
Do you exercise a lot? Do you do a lot of cardio? Be careful, because this is not the best result, Let me tell you why…
Karas talks about strength training and how working out your muscle tissue is the best form of workout. Cardio is not the healthiest workout because it eats your muscle and muscle is good for you to be fit.
Excessive cardio (30 to 40, or more, minutes of cardiovascular activity) is bad for joints, diminishes the immune system, hard on the heart muscle, burns muscle and makes you hungrier.
Don’t rely on your scale! Because muscle weights! Lets listen to more details:
Do you wish you never have to deal with health concerns such as heartburn, acid reflex, constipation, dandruff, and migraines? Yes! Here is some natural remedies you should take a look at by Nutritionist Miranda Malisani:
THIS IS VERY INTERESTING!
Muscle torches more calories that fat, even at rest. Therefore the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism and burning capabilities.
Expert Jim Karas shares his exercises for building one of the biggest muscles we have – our glutes!
Watch this and take note:
Work these cheeks!
Watch all these segments and you will be shocked! I absolutely LOVED this episode of the Marilyn Denis Show!
THE PUSH UP
It’s really a Love and Hate relationship! Push Ups, You may love doing them or hate them. Truth is, I absolutely hated them, up until I learned how to do them.
So give this a try…
Check out Alfonso Moretti from LiveStrong who shows you how to do “proper push-ups”.
Now that you learned the Push-up, let’s move onto another very important workout that is often done incorrectly and therefore causing you more harm than good. Doing a Squat incorrectly can injure your knees in more ways than you know.
Watch Moretti and learn:
You don’t want to hurt yourself and for that reason, you must always do every move correctly when dealing with exercise and your body.
For all those runners out there, whether you are training for something or simply do it for your health, like me. Here is a quick link of a 12 minute workout, so easy, you can do to strengthen your workout!
Check it out and please don`t hesitate to comment if you found results in the near future.
Enjoy and Good luck, with anything you have in mind.