Category Archives: Health
Why is it so hard to achieve a HEALTHY BALANCED DIET?
Sadly, companies have a lot to do with this… The labelling, the word choice, the false advertisement. We live in a world full of deceit and lies.
It is what is, almost everything nowadays is processed food and finding healthy whole organic food is close to none as even when some foods are claimed to be healthy, they are actually not.
Health Canada proposed new regulations that would require companies to add warning labels to all packaged foods that are high in saturated fat, sugar or sodium. According to Global News
Here are Some acclaimed myths to be wary of:
- Artificial Sweeteners have no Sugar and therefore good for weight loss: That is so deceitful it hurts. Artificial Sweetener should never be used as a “healthier” option. In fact sweetener is worse for your weight and it is in fact proven to be linked to weight gain, diabetes and high blood pressure. The Aspartame inside it, in the contrary, makes our bodies CRAVE more Sweets and diminish our body’s ability to LOSE the food that we ate.
- Milk is often considered the best source of Calcium: Growing up we have all been told that milk strengthens our bones and keeps us strong. That is not completely factual. The truth is, you get better calcium in eating dark leafy greens, almonds or salmon.
- Saturated Fat is BAD for you: I have personally questioned myself on this one few times, and unlike the common beliefs, however Saturated fats are found in almost everything, including good foods (avocado, coconut), and more processed foods. Saturated fats can be good, it is the TRANS FAT that you must avoid, as they increase bad cholesterol and reduce the good cholesterol. Saturated fat in fact is needed for brain health and building cell membrane.
- Eggs have been viewed to increase cardiovascular disease: That is absolutely untrue, as they are very healthy for you and provide you will a great amount of protein and vitamin D, including the yolk which offers healthy cholesterol.
- All fats lead to weight gain: while over consuming fat can definitely lead you to gain weight, not all fat is bad for you. In fact, a healthy diet includes healthy fats, such as olive oil, nut, avocado, and more as these actually help you lose weight through a balanced diet with fats that keep you full for a longer time while providing our body with good nutrients.
- Salt should completely be avoided: I am one to avoid Salt, but fact is, avoiding salt has been linked to health issues such as headaches, fatigue, nausea, and low blood sugar. In fact, Bednarski suggests that instead of avoiding salt, may be better eating less processed salt that has been bleached, and trying pink Himalayan salt instead. It provides 84 trace minerals to the body.
- Juice with NO ADDED SUGAR is healthy: Marketing and labelling is commonly false and this leads to confusion for people. Truth is, a cup of orange juice is practically the same as having a cup of Pepsi. Opt for eating the fruit instead.
When you turn fruit into juice, you are losing the insoluble fibre, which is an essential nutrient and helps delay absorption of the sugar. Take the fibre away and you’re just drinking sugar and calories. There’s some vitamin C, but you would be better off taking a vitamin pill for that. According to Robert Lustig (BBC News).
Consider a New You…. Research and Assess. EAT HEALTHY.
Losing weight is a constant struggle, I have tried various methods, diets, workouts. To be honest, lets make it simple.
EAT WELL, EXERCISE WELL, DONT KILL YOURSELF AND DONT STRIP YOURSELF FROM HAPPINESS.
Cutting FAT, cutting CARBS, cutting SUGAR, starving yourself. You are doing it all the wrong way. How about you focus on what really matters, because your body needs fat, carbs, sugar, and damn right can’t be starved, not if you want to also Work out and BE HEALTHY.
So here is the Trick, I will send you off to a nice ENTERTAINING ride that will shock you but you will realise that this way will be healthy and reachable for you.
Here are 23 Weight Loss Tips for you to best lose it. Don’t DIET, just Finally DO-IT.
Happiness is a drug, actually, it is. Hormones is what keeps you happy, it is what drives your happiness. I workout to be happy, I eat healthy to be happy, I live Love Laugh, to be happy. Some may ask why I work out so much, why I am shall we say ¨Addicted¨.
Simple. Happy Hormones:
Dopamine: Hormone that drives brain reward system which drives well being. Doing a good job and getting rewarded for it. Seeking pleasure seeking behaviour will satisfy this too. Music is a great way to heighten your dopamine levels.
Serotonin: Hormone for mood-boosting neurotransmitters. Most effective/natural method is Exercise. Carbs are another great way to boost serotonin, and it is in fact this reason that your body craves Carbs when you are depressed or low. It is the body’s natural way of seeking self help. Indulging in good carbs like quinoa and whole grain is one thing, but bad carbs, that can just ruin the happiness cycle, and lead the body into another struggle that may deteriorate your happiness.
Oxytocin: This is the Love hormone, where spending time with loved ones and being good and kind to others stimulated happiness.
Estrogen: This hormone helps form serotonin and protects you from anxiety and mood imbalance. For women, estrogen decreases this hormone. Moreover, smoking and over exercising can also decrease it.
Progesterone: Like Estrogen, this hormone helps prevent mood imbalance and anxiety. Lack of Progesterone can be instigated with high stress and unhealthy food.
Finally, to Stay Healthy and Happy, Increase your Oxytocin by doing things that bring you pleasure and cuddles. Increase your estrogen levels with things that bring your stress level down such as yoga, meditation, and more. Keep your progesterone levels up, always eat well and exercising.
Stay Healthy, Stay Active, Stay Lovable, Stay Happy!
Some brands of fresh stir-fry, salad mixes, and veggie platters are being recalled due to possible Listeria contamination. Listeria contamination symptoms include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, and severe headache. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are especially at risk.
Important to note: Those contaminated veggie products have a Best Before dates between Oct. 12 and Oct. 17. and they entail brands suchs as: Mann’s, Compliment, and Western Family.
Read more at the CFIA website.
You may not be aware of this, but keeping the same sunglasses for longer than 2 years can damage your eyes.
Sunglasses should be changed every two years to protect eyes from sun damage say scientists
Exposure to the sun is now believed to wear down the protective lensing of your sunglasses, causing damage to your eyes, and Designer sunglasses now have a shelf life of only two years. Scientists have undertaken studies to measure the scale of deterioration due to exposure to the sun and have confirmed that if sunglasses aren’t replaced, the wearer runs the risk of long-term degeneration of vision.
The aim is to ensure lenses have sufficient UV filters as inadequate levels could affect the cornea and internal structure of the eye. When this happens, edema or swelling to the eye can cause distorted vision. Pterygium or the growth of fleshy pink tissue on the white of the eye can also affect vision while other side effects can result in retina damage or cataracts.
This is a lesson, to not take your eyes for granted and take care of your eyes, your vision is all you have.
You may not know this or value it enough, but your Kidney is one of the most important organs in your body and neglecting it endangers your health. Your kidney filters your blood, produces hormones, absorbs minerals, produces urine, eliminates toxins, and neutralizes acids. It is for this reason that you must really take care of your kidneys and avoid any harm to them.
Here are some things that you may not be aware are harming you but are simply killing you slowly:
- Not Drinking Enough Water: When you don’t drink enough water daily, your toxins and waste material start to accumulate and can cause severe damage to your body, as your kidneys need the water in order to filter blood and eliminate toxins and waste materials.
- Consuming too much Salt: Ingesting too much salt can raise your blood pressure and put a lot of stress on the kidneys so keep your daily intake low.
- Delaying your need to go to the washroom: This is without a doubt very problematic to the Kidney and although you may feel that you simply have no time or you need to get things done before taking that quick break, it is a bigger problem than you know, especially if it is on a regular basis as retaining urine increases urine pressure and can lead to kidney failure, kidney stones, and incontinence. Once in a while is okay, but making it a habit is a no go.
- Consuming too much Sugar can be very unhealthy for you: Consuming high sugars during the day causes you to have protein in your urine and having protein in your urine is an early sign your kidneys are not doing their job as they should.
- Not Consuming enough Vitamins and Minerals: This is crucial for a healthy body and any deficiency in your daily diet can increase the risk of kidney stones or kidney failure.
- Over-consumption of Animal Protein is a thing: Red meat, especially, can increase the metabolic load on your kidneys which makes your kidneys work much harder and finally lead to a dysfunction.
- Sleep deprivation is a big No No: Constant sleep deprivation is linked to many diseases including Kidney. During the night your body repairs damaged kidney tissue and depriving it from sleep only defeats that purpose.
- Too much Caffeine is damaging to your body: Caffeine can raise blood pressure and put extra stress on your kidneys.
- Excessive use of painkiller: Abuse painkillers can lead to severe damage of liver and kidneys, and many tend to use painkillers for the most minor of pains as habits appear, but that is simply damaging your organs. Natural remedies should be considered before painkillers.
- Alcohol over-consumption: Just as the Liver can’t handle too much alcohol, alcohol is actually a toxin that puts a lot of stress on our kidneys too and causes its own damages.
So, point to be taken here is that there always needs to be a healthy balance to your diet, including all the necessary nutrients and consuming everything within healthy portions, including Staying ACTIVE, which should never be forgotten! Stay wary of your body and mind, Keep a healthy Balance and stay Safe!
Enjoy life with a Heavy Touch of Health and Care!
It hurts me so much to see people really believe in this crap called DIET Coke, DIET Sprite, DIET Gingerale, and the list goes on.
Does it make sense to you that this very sweet tasting drink is 0 Calories, no sugar, and supposed to keep you on a lower scale?
Let me guest, trying to stay healthy while substituting sugary drinks for diet drinks in droves of in-taking less sugar staying healthy. Well evidence has emerged to refute that rationale.
I know you all have a brain, please use it with me for a few minutes and assess how this all makes sense.
It is all ARTIFICIAL! It is all Lies.
You need more proof then what is already out there, Here you go!
A study with National Post has been done that shows that
People who drink diet soda daily are almost three times more likely to develop stroke, dementia.
I have been telling people for years now … Sweetener does not make you lose weight, it makes you GAIN weight through METABOLIC SYNDROME, You cannot burn it, you slow your fat burn process! Watch this video and see WHY?!