Life, it takes you places. Your years and experiences, they Shape You. Some things that happen to you in your existence can affect you and can lead to major insecurities that can transpire into very negative feelings that you won’t even recognize.
If you find yourself going through something you cannot explain, just try to remember that YOU ARE ENOUGH, and seek the help you need to get through it, because likely is, you just need to be made aware of your insecurities.
What is good for you ? What is bad for you?
There is so much out there – warnings, advice, diets, challenges, etc. but do we know what to actually avoid?
Here are 50 EVIL foods. Won’t list all 50, but I will tell you that even in the healthiest options, it can be unhealthy. Good example of this is yes, Salad is GOOD, but dressings, some can be BAD.
For the list of things to avoid / substitute, see link below:
I don’t want to bore you by naming them all. I will simply share this link with you. It is seriously going to blow your mind.
Explore this and have some fun!
Here I was working away and came across this article about Household items that many of us have at home, but are oblivious to their danger and the bacteria they hold. This is not something to take lightly and disregard, because some of these damages include infertility, cancer, emphysema, kidney tissue damage, and birth defects. To say the least, take your time to read and take these in.
These are 20 items:
- Toothbrush: the American Dental Association advises that it is important to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 weeks, as they become less effective with wear and tear. You are therefore brushing almost uselessly.
- Dish Sponge: This is actually one of the dirtiest items you will have in your kitchen. Research shows that a dish sponge is 200,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat – and could even cause paralysis due to bacteria called campylobacter. It should be changed weekly.
- Oven Cleaner: the sodium hydroxide is a very destructive chemical. Drain openers is another; using baking soda paste and vinegar to clean is a healthier option.
- Air Freshener: these contain a phthalates chemical inside them which lead to hormone imbalance and reproductive problems, which we are unaware of. Exposure to these chemicals can cause lower testosterone levels and decrease sperm counts/quality, according to the National Resource Defense Council. These can also cause malformations of the male reproductive tract and testicular cancer.
- Some Makeup Products: makeup shelf life is 24 months for some and others like mascara is 3 months. Most makeup will have many preservatives to keep them good and keep bacteria away. It is important to throw out when they are no longer effective, i.e. shelf life runs.
- Non-Stick Cookware: these cookware are made with chemicals (perfluorooctanoic acid), which are harmful to the liver, thyroid, and the immune system at whole. Opt for stainless steel, glass, ceramic, or iron cookware instead.
- Expired Foods: Expiry dates are there for a reason, they are less effective. Don’t risk food poisoning or feeling ill.
- Old Air Filters: a poorly maintained AC system can become contaminated and potentially harmful, causing/worsening symptoms such as asthma an allergies.
- Antibacterial Soap: These soaps have triclosan, chlorine, and phosphate in them. triclosan, particularly alters hormone regulation, and cause resistance to antibiotics. That means, these soaps not only kill bad bacteria, but good ones too.
- Scented candles: they smell so good huh? I know! Inhaling the chemicals in them is so harmful for you however. The benzene in them can irritate your skin and cause breathing issues. Other possible side effects, according to EPA, is reproductive issues and brain and central nervous system damages. These candles release toluene, another carcinogen. It is best to use essential oils or soy-based candles instead.
- Pressed-wood products: Common symptoms from acute exposure to formaldehyde, which are in certain wood products, manifest as irritation of the throat, nose, eyes, and skin. They can also lead to chronic bronchitis, and obstructive lung disease with chronic exposure.
- Old medication: FDA says expired meds can be less effective, change chemical composition, decrease in effectiveness and may be at risk of bacterial growth. These can lead to more serious illnesses.
- Gas space heaters: These release toxins and if used inside can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
At least 430 people die in the U. S. from accidental CO poisoning, according to the Center for Diseases Control and Control
- Old Paint: Homes before 1978 can contain lead paint, which can cause damage to the brain and vital organs like the kidneys, nerves and blood, and cause poisoning such as symptoms of headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness.
- Bleaches Products: Products such as chlorinated paper towels, toilet paper, and bleached coffee filters expose us to chlorine gas which is bad for you. They also may contain benzoyl peroxide which is dangerous.
- Plastic Containers: the toxic bisphenol-A (BPA) found in plastics can have a dangerous effect on the brain. It can also plays with your hormones. Switch to glass containers or stainless steel.
- Mothballs: Some countries have banned moth balls containing the chemical naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene inside it. These are dangerous as they become a gas when exposed to air. They may also cause cancer. Naphthalene is most toxic as it causes red blood cells to break apart, and cause hemolytic anemia.
- Furniture Polish: these contain chemicals of phenol and nitrobenzene which are easily absorbed by the skin and are harmful to the liver and your whole health, including limiting the ability of the blood to carry oxygen, headache, irritability, dizziness, weakness, and drowsiness.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaners: The corrosive items are most hazardous cleaning items in your house. They carry hydrochloric acid which is very toxic.
- multipurpose cleaner : this stuff is often used in your kitchen but the chemicals inside it are so harmful to you. Smelling it alone, you can tell the ingredients inside are toxic, and unnatural.
To learn more, see 20 household items you should throw out immediately.
Plantar Fasciitis is one of the most common sources of heel pain. Plantar fasciitis is pain on the bottom of one or both heels, caused by irritation to the plantar fascia, which are the dense tissue bands that connect the heels to the toes.
Fasciia pain is usually can be felt on the first step out of bed in the morning.
If worsened, pain can be felt any time while walking, running or jumping.
Plantar fasciitis is probably one of the most annoying staggering injuries one can have. I would know, I suffered with it for a good year. It impacted my whole life, I had to stop running, playing soccer, doing certain workouts and basically impaired my lifestyle in such a disapointing way.
Points to keep in mind:
- Stretching your foot 2-3 times a day (up to 5 minutes)
- Nutrients to relax tendon – magnesium 500mg/day/vitamin B5 /Fish oil Omega 3 / Vitamin C
- anti-inflamatory diet
- the right shoes to help stretch tendons (walking bearfoot helps and/or wearing Vibram barefoot shoes)
I wish someone shared this video with me then, but here is it. I hope it helps you if you are suffering from this.
I watched this TED Talk and thought to myself, this is true in various countries and societies.
Soraya Chemaly talks about The power of women’s anger and how many women are told they need to sustain from expressing it because it’s not lady like.
Watch this video and tell me what you think. https://go.ted.com/CALm
Most E. coli bacteria are benign but some can cause illness, with symptoms including severe stomach cramps, diarrhea and vomiting.
Canadians are being warned to avoid eating Romaine lettuce, as 18 have become ill and counting.
Read this for more info:
You are warned!
Friday has been a shocking day for many lovers of alcohol. For the longest time, it has been agreed and understood that moderate drinking, i.e. a glass of wine a day, is healthy for you. It lowers your health risks of heart disease, diabetes and more; however it seems the risk of cancer and other illnesses is higher than the benefits.
Is this really true? It seems we get studies daily contradicting beliefs that certain things are advertised as healthy, yet in a decade or more, it turns out a new study shows the opposite, so what is the correct results on research?
Is smoking actually bad for you? some would say they have seen individuals live their whole lives healthy and when they quit, they die quite instantly after, or some have lived a very healthy life smoking while others die at a younger age from eating what they believe is healthy. It is sad to say, there are so many factors taking place in our health. How about Pollution? Water? Our Food consumption? Our Meats? Global Warming? Restaurant Food Servings? Coffee? And the list goes on…
So it turns out new research shows no alcohol is better than consuming some, but then again, what’s the real killer?
Do you live your life in fear or Actually LIVE? Yes, you can literally stay cooped up in your house, not drive because its dangerous, not eat out because its dangerous, not drink because …. it is dangerous. But where do we draw the lines?
Let’s face it, I am a lover of wine, I don’t smoke, I do eat out, love my meat, I may be one of the healthier people out there and exercise a whole lot. So, you can definitely say that I may be biased, but what is to life?
Please do not hesitate to write your opinions on this… It is shocking but did you expect anything less? …
Protein is essential to good health. The very origin of the word — from the Greek protos, meaning “first” — reflects protein’s top-shelf status in human nutrition.
According to Harvard Health Blog
Giving your body what it needs is crucial for the survival of the Fittest and Happiest.
Remember: Your own personal needs may vary based on multiple factors including your age, sex, activity level, and weight loss goals.
The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA- which is the amount of a nutrient you need to meet your basic nutritional requirements) for protein is a 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. This is the minimum amount you need to keep from getting sick and for optimal health. That is 0.37 gram per pound of body weight.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) suggests 15 to 20 percent of your calories should come from protein.
If you exercise heavily, you must be wary that you will definitely need more protein than an average sedentary person, so as to almost double your protein amount.
Here is a chart for you to base on:
|Weight in lbs.||Minimum Protein||Athletes Minimum|
|100||37 grams||74 grams|
|110||40 grams||80 grams|
|120||44 grams||88 grams|
|130||47 grams||94 grams|
|140||51 grams||102 grams|
|150||55 grams||110 grams|
|160||58 grams||116 grams|
|170||62 grams||124 grams|
|180||65 grams||130 grams|
|190||69 grams||138 grams|
|200||72 grams||144 grams|
|210||76 grams||152 grams|
|220||80 grams||160 grams|
|230||84 grams||168 grams|
|240||87 grams||174 grams|
|250||91 grams||182 grams|
|260||95 grams||190 grams|
|270||98 grams||196 grams|
|280||102 grams||204 grams|
|290||105 grams||210 grams|
|300||109 grams||218 grams|
Where are the Best Sources to get your Protein?
Protein comes from both plants and animals. The best protein source is one without extra fat, sugar or sodium.
Lean meats, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, plants based, and dairy products are all excellent sources of protein.
Choosing lower-fat cuts of meat or removing the skin from chicken and turkey is a good way to cut extra calories you may not want or need.
Cold water fish such as salmon, tuna and herring make good protein choices with their richness in omega-3 fatty acids.
Legumes, nuts and seeds are also good sources of protein, not to forget that even vegetables and grains have small amounts of protein which we may neglect.
What is in a Serving?
Here is where many protein eaters go wrong. One serving of protein is equal to one egg, 3 to 5 ounces of meat, poultry or fish, 1.5 ounces of cheese or about 12 walnuts. So a serving of meat, poultry or fish is about the size of the palm of your hand, and a serving of cheese is the same size as two dice (regular 6-sided dice, not 12- or 20-sided extra-large Dungeons and Dragons dice).
According to Shereen Lehman, MS
Go about your day today and bare in mind this piece of information that can change how you feel about yourself and how much satisfaction your body can reach. Protein is an essential part of your day and should be taken seriously. Athletes especially should really focus on upping the daily serving, as you may notice a change in performance, energy, essence of life.
Have a wonderful weekend friends and sorry to have been MIA. Stay Tuned for more!