It hurts me so much to see people really believe in this crap called DIET Coke, DIET Sprite, DIET Gingerale, and the list goes on.
Does it make sense to you that this very sweet tasting drink is 0 Calories, no sugar, and supposed to keep you on a lower scale?
Let me guest, trying to stay healthy while substituting sugary drinks for diet drinks in droves of in-taking less sugar staying healthy. Well evidence has emerged to refute that rationale.
I know you all have a brain, please use it with me for a few minutes and assess how this all makes sense.
It is all ARTIFICIAL! It is all Lies.
You need more proof then what is already out there, Here you go!
A study with National Post has been done that shows that
People who drink diet soda daily are almost three times more likely to develop stroke, dementia.
I have been telling people for years now … Sweetener does not make you lose weight, it makes you GAIN weight through METABOLIC SYNDROME, You cannot burn it, you slow your fat burn process! Watch this video and see WHY?!
So What is MCT?
Don’t worry, I just learned about it too. I was looking into the Ketosis, which included the intake of MCTs in the diet… So, I ended up focusing on MTCs instead of the Ketosis as a whole.
If you don’t know what that is, Ketosis is when your body is burning ketones for energy instead of glucose (carbs/sugar), but that will be a blog for another day.
“MCTs are medium-chain triglycerides, a form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improved cognitive function to better weight management.
Rich sources for commercial extraction of beneficial MCTs include palm kernel oil and coconut oil.
Coconut oil has roughly 65% of MCTs, and other lower sources of MCT are also found in butter, cheeses, whole milk and full-fat yogurt.
What makes MCTs a top source of essential healthy fats? Medium-chain fats are digested easily and sent directly to your liver, where they have a thermogenic effect and the ability to positively alter your metabolism. This is one reason why many people claim that MCTs, including coconut oil, are burned by the body for energy, or “fuel,” instead of being stored as fat.
Now, some amazing health benefits of MCT are:
- Weight Loss or Weight Maintenance
- Heart Health: it helps help decrease cardiovascular disease and mortality risk due to its metabolic component as it helps lower obese risk.
- Improved energy levels and mood; Your brain is largely made up of fatty acids, MCTs give you that supply from your diet to feel great and think positive, with its vitamins and minerals.
- Improved digestion and absorption of nutrition, by balancing bacteria in the gut and its ability to absorb vitamins and minerals from the foods you eat.
Medium-chain fats can help kill a wide range of pathogenic viruses and strains and bacteria that cause digestive issues, including candida, constipation, diarrhea, food poisoning, stomachaches and so on.
- Its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties: MCTs are able to reduce bad bacteria without harming or removing good bacteria. they are also a powerful and natural antibiotics that help balance bacteria in the gut.
- they are great for cooking with, as they don’t oxidize from heat easily and can withstand high temperatures, while still not becoming rancid or losing its nutrients.
Anyways, I won’t get too into it, because this graph will explain it all in a nutshell.
What’s coming to your mind? Let me guess, Edamame, celery, all that healthy jazz, … Not even, I am talking about Popcorn. Yes Popcorn.
Why? One big reason is because of the high Polyphenol content within it.
Polyphenols are a type of chemical found in plant foods that help neutralise free radicals that damage your cells and contribute to rapid aging. Popcorn has one of the highest levels of polyphenols of any plant food or fruit.
Per serving, plain popcorn contains nearly twice as many polyphenols as the average fruit, according to the preliminary results of a laboratory analysis presented today at the annual meeting of the American Chemical Society.
A single serving of popcorn – about two tablespoons of unpopped kernels – contained up to 300 milligrams of polyphenols, the researchers found. By contrast, the average polyphenol content of fruit is about 160 milligrams per serving, while a single serving of sweet corn contains 114 milligrams.
Popcorn is one of the healthiest, low calorie munchies. It is a whole-grain food and a great source of fiber.
We also cannot forget, Popcorn is also PACKED with Antioxidants.
Some types of polyphenols are pigments, and in fruit the biggest concentrations tend to be found in the skin and seeds. Similarly, the hull or outer skin of the corn kernel – the stuff that gets stuck in your teeth when you’re munching away – was the richest polyphenol source.
And this is where your antioxidants and your fiber lies, so don’t go throwing them out.
Now, don’t run too fast, Popcorn is Healthy, but be careful what you call Popcorn.
Movie popcorn, drenched with butter, full of sweet crap… that’s NOT healthy popcorn. That one is simply synthetic factory fats and processed salt used to flavor popcorn and overrides any health benefits.
Microwave popcorn and pre-popped varieties, also NOT healthy popcorn, as it is loaded with chemicals such as partially hydrogenated oils and synthetics for flavouring and colouring.
The best, Healthiest Popcorn to have is the one YOU MAKE, by getting organic kernels and popping them yourself with coconut oil for taste and health. You want to add some flavour? Try Cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, Parmesan cheese, oregano or even basil.
Now, remember that popcorn is 100% whole grain; and eating more whole grains has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
However, as with anything, just because it is healthy and beneficial, over-eating it will have it’s consequences.
Corn that is not soaked or sprouted prior to cooking contains anti-nutrients that can inflame digestion if consumed to excess.
Allergic to corn? No problem, try Popped Sorghum, which is India’s popcorn alternative.
You want to make your own popcorn and don’t know how, check out how:
For more details, see:
Celery is not the most Tasteful… but Damn is it Beneficial!
Celery is an under-Rated vegetable as many of us think its just Water and Crunch, but it is much more; as it is a good source of calcium, vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
What Other Benefits?
- Celery has Anti-Canceous properties, with its rich component called Luteolin which helps to lower the growth of Cancer cells in the pancreas.
- It contains Phthalide and pottassium which helps to lower blood pressure by reducing the production of stress hormones.
- Celery also helps maintain a normal cholesterol and regulating Vitamin D. Also includes 3-n-butylphthalide (BuPh), a component with the function of lowering cholesterol and maintaining a healthy heart. The Chicago University study showed that two stalks of celery a day can reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by up to 7 points.
- Celery is healthy for the eyes too, as it contains Vitamin E and antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenol phytonutrients, which keeps the eye moisturised.
- Hippocrates, the father of medicine, wrote that Celery is a vegetable that can be used to calm our nerves and provide a great relief to joint pains, asthma, acne or lung infections. Celery’s special benefit is its components to help reduce inflammation.
- Celery helps boost a man’s fertility, as Dr. Alan R. Hirsch, Director of the Smeel and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, says :
Two pheromones in celery–androstenone and androstenol–can boost your arousal levels. Another good news is celery oil has been found effective in boosting the number and motility of sperm, when it is used together with vitamin E.
- These stalks improve digestion which allows your body to absorb better nutrients, with its high water content, and the NBP (a healthful compound) in the vegetable as it improved circulation in the intestines and helping the body to detox.
- Finally, it helps you lose weight as it is low in calorie (10 calories per large stalk) and rich in nutrients like magnesium and potassium, as previously mentioned. Celery helps you regulate lipids and fats in the body which controls metabolism and restricts obesity. Not to mention, in reality, you are losing more weight chewing on that stalk more than anything else. So moral of the story, eating celery makes you lose weight, and don’t take that lightly because it’s true.
For more details and some Celery recipes, see link below:
Should I be drinking wine?
Of course You should!
Resveratrol, a trihydroxy stilbene derivative C14H12O3 that is found in some plants, fruits, seeds, and grape-derived products (such as red wine) and has been linked to a reduced risk of coronary disease and cancer, and may be the wonder ingredient responsible for many of wine’s benefits.
See these fourteen benefits of wine to prove this to you!
1. You live Longer! People living in places in the world with high wine consumption, are living longer, also according to dietary patterns.
Researchers at Harvard Medical School uncovered evidence that resveratrol directly activates a protein that promotes health and longevity in animal models.
- 2. You get Smarter and Resveratrol may help improve short-term memory
- 3. Inhibit breakouts because of the antioxidants in wine, and Resveratrol is able to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria longer than benzoyl peroxide
- 4. Going to the gym is healthy right? It improves heart, brain and bone function. You know what else does that? Resveratrol, which is in wine.
5.Researchers in Spain found that those who drank two to seven glasses of wine per week were less likely to be diagnosed with depression, so Bye Bye Blues!
6. Modest wine consumption, defined as one glass a day, may decrease the prevalence of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD). Challenging any other alcohol consumption.
7. Promotes Eye health, as Resveratrol stops out-of-control blood vessel growth in the eyes.
8. Wine reduces bacteria on your teeth!
9. Wine cut Cancer Risks:
Red grapes are the fruit best able to suppress the activity of aromatase, the enzyme used by breast tumors to produce their own estrogen – this is called an aromatase inhibitor.
Studies show that moderate consumption of red wine can reduce the risk of colon cancer by 50%.
Harvard Men’s Wealth Watch reports that men who drink an average of four to seven glasses of red wine per week have a 52% less chance of being diagnosed with prostate cancer compared to those who don’t drink wine. Doctors speculate that flavonoids and resveratrol contain potent antioxidants and may counterbalance androgens, the male hormones that stimulate the prostate.
10. Studies show that those who drank wine were less likely to come down with a cold compared to those that drank beer or spirits. Antioxidants help lower inflammation and reduce the symptoms of colds.
11. Wine’s Resveratrol, lower cholesterol.
12. Wine shows benefits of reducing risk of stroke, where beer and hard liquor do not.
13. Regulating Blood Sugars
The amount of polyphenols in a small glass of red wine appears to rival the blood sugar regulating activity of certain diabetes drugs.
14. Those who drink wine moderately have 30% lower risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. This can be due to Resveratrol, as it improves sensitivity to Insulin.
SO, Bottom line: Wine can be a part of a healthy lifestyle, IF CONSUMED MODERATELY!
A really good friend of mine sent me this video and told me I was the Root in her Tree, so I watched this video and understood the beauty of friendships and love. Her love was real; some love are temporary and others are real. I really can’t describe this video any better than ‘Madea’. So please watch this and reassess your relationships.
As humans, we all have that instinct to compare ourselves to others and feel crappy about ourselves. Truth is, each of us is Unique and we should embrace that notion that we are not all the same, and we each hold a Special Compound that is US.
When you look at someone else, envy, compare, wish you were them.,.. stop and think, You are Unique, and with your good and bad qualities, you are an entity, you are your own person.
Admiration is beautiful, jealousy is not. Seeking a Role model is beautiful but bitterness is ugly.
I hope you woke up today, saw the sun, and thought to yourself:
I have been blessed with another day of life and I will appreciate it and grow better and stronger.
What I want from you to be aware of today is that we are all different and though sometimes someone else’s life seems better and healthier than ours, it really may not be. We are humans and we always want others to see what is socially correct and positive. Sometimes that may make you an optimist, other times it is because you want to hide your discontent with life and your lack of purpose and will to change it.
Don’t judge life by what you see, you really don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. So, focus on your inner peace and your outer joy. Be happy with what you have, and strive to trump what you do not have.
They say trust your elders, I saw their right. Experience is everything in life. Learn from other’s mistakes, you don’t always need to make them yourself, and you know what, when it comes to these words of wisdom, you really don’t want to make them yourself because that will be a life full of regrets. You don’t want to wake up at 60 saying What did I do to My life? Gosh, do I regret my life. You don’t want that, it is scary.
So I read this article today Advice from some old people, and it was a wake up call.
Please take a look at the 20 tips given by older people to teach you a little something about life. Do’s and Don’ts.
I don’t want to wake up at the end of my life regretting the little things that don’t even end up mattering. Wake up, live a better healthier loving life. Don’t dwell on things that mean nothing. Dwell on what really matters. Take care of yourself and those that mean the most to you.
Read this article and hear every piece of advise loud and clear: Advise from Some Old People
I was listening to this video while driving to work in the morning, and found myself dumbfounded with how right this guy is.
First of All. We have grown up in a society where things are just given to us, we don’t work for things, life has been given to us, sadly for some of us, our parents baby us and we end up growing older feeling that we will get what we want, but YOU NEED TO WORK FOR IT. Most of us try to work for something and as soon as we notice it is taking a lot of work, we stop and move to the next thing, but why can’t we live with purpose?
Second of All. Technology and how it has ruined us. Can we sit on a table without our phones beside us on the table? Can we wake up without looking if someone LIKED our photos on Facebook?
CAN YOU CHANGE IN 2017? STOP LIVING OFF YOUR PHONE!
I know that the phone is one of my Resolutions for 2017. I am a VICTIM of this non sense and waste of life.
I hate the phone.. I sometimes sit with my friends at a restaurant and I might as well be sitting alone. Phones are evil if you ask me, they used to be for the sole purpose of safety and conversation, however when you are safe and conversing with someone, why do you need to waste your time on the phone?
Socialising is no longer fun. You sometimes go out with a group of people and more than half of them are on the phone, Social Media is one of the culprits. HOW IS THAT QUALITY TIME? Why are you even meeting? What about when you are out with a friend and all they do is “text” someone else, that is not even there; it is clear that you are not as important, you are not as interesting, you might as well not be there.
If you are sitting at dinner with your friends and you are texting someone who is not there, that is a problem!
I hate phones, how would a simple outing go without phones? God Forbid, you get their full attention and you actually have a decent conversation, a decent time. Wake up, you are living in a society where you rather talk to an object than talk to a person.
Third of All. Instant gratification is a problem these days, people have no patience to wait for things anymore. This generation is problematic. People have no time to find love, to accomplish something, to finding a fulfilment in their life.
Please watch this video, It will change your life. It really should.