Celery is not the most Tasteful… but Damn is it Beneficial!
Celery is an under-Rated vegetable as many of us think its just Water and Crunch, but it is much more; as it is a good source of calcium, vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
What Other Benefits?
- Celery has Anti-Canceous properties, with its rich component called Luteolin which helps to lower the growth of Cancer cells in the pancreas.
- It contains Phthalide and pottassium which helps to lower blood pressure by reducing the production of stress hormones.
- Celery also helps maintain a normal cholesterol and regulating Vitamin D. Also includes 3-n-butylphthalide (BuPh), a component with the function of lowering cholesterol and maintaining a healthy heart. The Chicago University study showed that two stalks of celery a day can reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by up to 7 points.
- Celery is healthy for the eyes too, as it contains Vitamin E and antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenol phytonutrients, which keeps the eye moisturised.
- Hippocrates, the father of medicine, wrote that Celery is a vegetable that can be used to calm our nerves and provide a great relief to joint pains, asthma, acne or lung infections. Celery’s special benefit is its components to help reduce inflammation.
- Celery helps boost a man’s fertility, as Dr. Alan R. Hirsch, Director of the Smeel and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, says :
Two pheromones in celery–androstenone and androstenol–can boost your arousal levels. Another good news is celery oil has been found effective in boosting the number and motility of sperm, when it is used together with vitamin E.
- These stalks improve digestion which allows your body to absorb better nutrients, with its high water content, and the NBP (a healthful compound) in the vegetable as it improved circulation in the intestines and helping the body to detox.
- Finally, it helps you lose weight as it is low in calorie (10 calories per large stalk) and rich in nutrients like magnesium and potassium, as previously mentioned. Celery helps you regulate lipids and fats in the body which controls metabolism and restricts obesity. Not to mention, in reality, you are losing more weight chewing on that stalk more than anything else. So moral of the story, eating celery makes you lose weight, and don’t take that lightly because it’s true.
For more details and some Celery recipes, see link below:
Salt… Sure it’s delicious when added to foods. It gives a TASTE, it changes the whole EXPERIENCE.
But what about your health? Does it matter to you if you have Diabetes, Heart Problems, High Blood Pressure?
Salt is the Devil’s drug… Sad to say, but for some people it is in fact like a drug. The more the better, the less The worse their food is.
According to the American Heart Association, your daily sodium dose should be 1,500 mg (about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of regular table salt). Most North Americans take in around 3,600 mg. About 75 percent is from restaurant and processed foods (that turkey and bread in your lunch are examples); 12 percent is naturally found in food; and another 11 percent is added while cooking and eating at home. High-salt diets are associated with high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke and stomach cancer. And a new study shows that if everyone cut their salt intake by 40 percent (it would still be sky-high at 2,200mg), that alone could save a half a million lives in the next 10 years!
Needless to say, Salt has been the reason for many health problems and it is one of the easier ways to avoid that risk. Salt is not only the amount of powdered salt that you put in your food, its much more than that. Salt is the amount of SODIUM in everyday foods that you buy. These are processed foods, dressings, sauces, and more. SOY is a perfect example of source of SALT that many of us ignore, which in fact carries over thousands of milligrams of sodium. For the Top 10 Foods Highest in Sodium, visit http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/what-foods-high-sodium.php
Watch this short video for quick tips:
So advice of the Day: Cut down your Salt and make good Judgment by Default.
Its just difficult to know what is good for you to eat and what you should avoid, nowadays.
Here is a quick lesson I received tonight and would like to share with you. I found this video to promote wheatgrass to you and show you how nutritional it is for your health.
Some of the benefits of Wheat grass is that it can be detoxifying, increases fertility, aids your digestive system, promotes balanced blood pressure and more. Wheatgrass can be consumed through juice, powder, tablets, or even eating it as a grass.
In Fact! My blog promotes wheatgrass, as you seen it is my template!
Now I can go on and on, but I think the video describe very well why its so good for you, so enjoy!
Feeling your blood pressure rising with every breath that you take? Have you ever felt your blood pressure rising when simply spending time with friends and you can’t begin to understand what triggered it? Scary huh?
Here is a video with a few tips on how to lower your blood pressure; that is, with what you eat and what to avoid when eating!
What you SHOULD NOT have: excess sodium is a big NO NO! High alcohol intake is another factor that causes high blood pressure.
What you SHOULD have: More Potassium intake, more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low fat dairy products.
Take this seriously because high blood pressure is no joke and can cause heart disease, kidney failure, blindness and stroke.Please care for your health and make the proper adjustments to assure that!
Now take few minutes of your time to watch this video and possibly researching a little more on the DASH Diet which I have also attached a quick video explaining a little what the Diet is.
Enjoy and stay healthy!
A little about the DASH Diet: