Happiness is a drug, actually, it is. Hormones is what keeps you happy, it is what drives your happiness. I workout to be happy, I eat healthy to be happy, I live Love Laugh, to be happy. Some may ask why I work out so much, why I am shall we say ¨Addicted¨.
Simple. Happy Hormones:
Dopamine: Hormone that drives brain reward system which drives well being. Doing a good job and getting rewarded for it. Seeking pleasure seeking behaviour will satisfy this too. Music is a great way to heighten your dopamine levels.
Serotonin: Hormone for mood-boosting neurotransmitters. Most effective/natural method is Exercise. Carbs are another great way to boost serotonin, and it is in fact this reason that your body craves Carbs when you are depressed or low. It is the body’s natural way of seeking self help. Indulging in good carbs like quinoa and whole grain is one thing, but bad carbs, that can just ruin the happiness cycle, and lead the body into another struggle that may deteriorate your happiness.
Oxytocin: This is the Love hormone, where spending time with loved ones and being good and kind to others stimulated happiness.
Estrogen: This hormone helps form serotonin and protects you from anxiety and mood imbalance. For women, estrogen decreases this hormone. Moreover, smoking and over exercising can also decrease it.
Progesterone: Like Estrogen, this hormone helps prevent mood imbalance and anxiety. Lack of Progesterone can be instigated with high stress and unhealthy food.
Finally, to Stay Healthy and Happy, Increase your Oxytocin by doing things that bring you pleasure and cuddles. Increase your estrogen levels with things that bring your stress level down such as yoga, meditation, and more. Keep your progesterone levels up, always eat well and exercising.
Stay Healthy, Stay Active, Stay Lovable, Stay Happy!
Your body tells you what your lips cannot.
Hang on here – I have this money, but I hate how I spend my life making it.
There’s another way to live and work, even though you can’t see it yet.
Are you Happy?
Are you TRULY Happy?
I am very Happy. Life is beautiful and I know I am, finally, happy.
What determines your happiness? How do you know you are happy? In my opinion, it is when you feel free and so positive about life. When you wake up and say, I have it great. Smiling as your smiling down the street, and not because you are starting a new relationship, but because you are single and happy with yourself. YOU ARE HAPPY.
I found this article that tells you in 6 steps what makes you a happy person. I loved it, I really enjoyed it, because I have surpassed all these steps, and I know that I am happiest I have ever been. So, don’t envy, because it took me a long time to get where I am today. You will too. Keep positive and do follow these steps.
BE HAPPY, Life is short and you know it.
- WORK ON YOURSELF, instead of focusing on other people and what you think makes them happy. The best happiness is the happiness within. You can seem happy to others, on the outside, but true happiness is the one within you. When you are satisfied with what you have accomplished and what you are doing for yourself. Following people on Social Media, and envying how fun their lives seem (how happy they ARE) People choose to show what they want you to see, remember that. True happiness cannot be shown from the outside. Even the funnest, funniest, coolest people can be depressed. Don’t be fooled by the visual. Look at Robin Williams. Exactly. Focus on Yourself as a person and make yourself WHOLE.
- YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORTH, so don’t ever let anyone determine your worth. You are as good as you act, as good as you feel. Don’t ever let anyone bring you down with your choices and your way of being. No one should tell you you’re embarrassing or you’re weird. The best people are the weirdest in my opinion, imagination comes from the oddest individuals. There is a fine line between genius and crazy. But you know what, that is beautiful, you are your own kind of beautiful. Everyone is beautiful and everyone is different. What would life be without diversity. Don’t judge others, judge yourself. Self-worth comes from within.
- CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY, happiness comes from practicing gratefulness. You must decide that you don’t want to live behind your tears. Don’t wait on your happiness to come to you. Grab it by the leg and make it your own. YOU decide when you must be happy, it is not when I finally get this or once this person comes into my life. You are your own happiness. Embrace challenges, learn from experiences, bad and good, GROW and BE happy.
- STOP HOLDING ON TO WHAT WAS, the past is the past for a reason, you can’t bring it back. Stop holding on to your past, the best is yet to come, your future is your best. You can only move forward, moving back into the past, no one was ever able to do that, so why try now? Don’t be bitter of the past, stop living in the past. Live for your future, make a change and find your own success.
- SURROUND YOURSELF IN POSITIVITY, If people bring you down and diminish your ability to grow, lose them. Only people that are positive and supportive should you keep. Your surroundings are very influential to you so why influence yourself in a negative way? It is better to be alone than around people that bring you down. That does mean you are lonely, be careful, there is a big difference. You only find true happiness when you are alone, when you focus on yourself, and that does not mean you are lonely whatsoever, it means you are YOU, self-reflecting AND finding your way and improving.
- STAY HONEST WITH YOURSELF, You don’t need to lie to others to make yourself seem more lovable or approvable. You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone. Be happy with YOU. Don’t change for anyone’s approval. Taking criticism is not a bad thing, but know what is honest and what is not. Always work to better yourself, but remember to stay truthful to yourself. Be free to make your own choices and fighting for what you believe in. Don’t be embarrassed or scared to be yourself, ever.
I really hope to have influenced you, even that 10%. You need to find your happiness.
Grow and find YOU. It all starts somewhere. That does not mean no sadness will ever come into your life, but you will see… You will be able to deal with those times in ways you never knew possible.
See more: Six Things Happy People Never Forget
Why be sad when you can be happy? Why waste a moment of your short life when you can use all of it? Happiness is so beautiful. Abundance is so beautiful.
I want you to watch this documentary called The Abundance Factor. Have you read the Secret or watched the movie ? To a happy and successful life? Well this is with the series.
This video is only out and free for 5 days so watch it and take it in. Enjoy!
Do you want to be Happy?
Of Course you do. Everyone does.
What if I told you I know the answer for being happy, but you need to follow it religiously in order to really be happy. That’s not to say you will never have moments of sadness, it’s life.
I loved reading this article because it truly showed me the meaning of Gratitude. It showed me the meaning of happiness. Being happy, to me, is not only my happiness but the happiness of others too. That is, bringing happiness to people around me.
The trick to being happy is to be grateful for what you have because you are blessed. If you are reading my blog at the moment, you are more blessed than many people because you have the ability to have access to the Internet and a computer and definitely shelter. So, take a moment to be thankful for that. Love what you have and give love to those that need it. Love can be simply shared through gratitude, that is, gratitude of others. Are you grateful to have family, friends, colleagues, health, abilities, skills, …? It takes a few seconds to thank someone and these seconds from your life can really make a difference in theirs. Not only that, but scientific studies have shown that gratefulness leads to happiness, so it’s a win-win situation.
So, the pursuit of happiness should drive you to action, because it can and will make a whole difference.
Matt Richardson, co-founder of Gramr Gratitude Co. states that
Scientists believe that 40% of our happiness is influenced by intentional activities. 40% is a lot. You are in control. Be good to yourself by being grateful. Be good to others by thanking them for who they are, and what they do for you.
He recommends a simple intentional activity that can take as little as 5 minutes of your time in the week if you want to be happy.
Each week write one thank you note to someone who makes your life better. That’s one handwritten thank-you note per week. Not a text, not a Facebook post, but a heartfelt, handwritten thank-you note, which indicates to someone that you spent time on them because they matter. It could be your best friend, your yoga instructor, your hair stylist—it could be anyone. Your relationships will become more meaningful, you will become happier, and so will everyone you touch. All it takes is a few minutes of mindful gratitude each week—remember, you are in control of 40% of your overall happiness, and remember that we are all in this together. So let’s start a habit, and let’s start a movement.
So take a moment, think of those you are grateful for in your life, and write to them, tell them. Take time for them. A simply Thank You may mean very little to you, but to those that love you and you love, or those that care about you and you care about, it makes a difference, and you will notice, this difference will make you a lot happier. You will find a happiness you forgot about or one you’ve never known about.
Thank you all for being proud followers of my blog! Your constant trust in my writing makes me happy. I hope my posts continue to make you happy and bring a smile to your day.
“Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems, in my opinion, to characterize our age.” – Albert Einstein
It is sad what this world has become.
What are your goals? Do you know then? Do you have any?
You might if you actually took the time to think about it… But no, your too busy making the *big bucks* and probably still not achieving it.
Life is not about the money. Money is evil, money is a distraction, focus on what’s important. Goals.
If you find a goal that can give you drive. follow that road. It leads to happiness, money is only temporary happiness, if any.
So I say to you on this Wednesday morning. Find your Goals and follow them. Find your happiness and stop seeking the perfection of means.
Have a great Wednesday!
This is quite something right? Passion… It’s just beautiful… So what’s the deal with happiness? You know that moment when your talking with someone and their eyes are glowing with FIRE. You envy that!
I know it’s happened to me many times when I speak about my Charity and Humanitarian work… My Eyes Glow! I feel invincible and that I can do Anything!
That’s Passion! That’s Love! That’s Happiness!
What’s yours? What makes you Glow?What makes you Fire Up?
Find out… if you don’t already… Because fact is. THIS IS YOUR HAPPINESS!
In my eyes….from experience…
Without a Passion … You can’t be yourself because by Finding your Passion.. You find your Happiness…. and in being Happy .. You are your best YOU!
So Find Yourself and see how Your Life Changes!
I can’t stop talking about Passion because I have a passion for this type of happiness! I really do Love how my passion makes me feel. When I think of My passions.. Dance. Charity. Painting. I want to Fly! So I can’t stress enough… Seek it! Don’t settle without it. It will change your whole life!
When someone tells you… You need to be happy Alone before you can be happy with someone else. You need to love yourself before you can love someone else. THIS IS IT!
HAPPINESS COMES FROM WITHIN… PASSION IS WITHIN… FIND YOURSELF!
LIFE IS SHORT. WHY NOT MAKE THE BEST OF IT.
Have you ever wondered what your dreams mean? Why you are having so many nightmares that freak you out? Why is the same dream happening over and over? Well there’s a link… Depression!
Our study shows a clear connection between well-being and nightmares,” said lead author Nils Sandman. “This is most evident in the connection between nightmares and depression, but also apparent in many other analyses involving nightmares and questions measuring life satisfaction and health.”
View this link for more details.
Being Happy… You can totally contribute to your happiness. You dont have to let your life just simply pass you by…
You must work on your happiness, and it will be GRATIFYING.
How? It’s simple…
In this video you can see a few ways to better your life, and become happier.
Don’t just settle and assume This is Life…. No. It is NOT.
Yes, there will be ups and downs to your life, but you CAN attain HAPPINESS, with few simple ways.
Take a few minutes to watch this video, and learn how, by:
GRATITUDE (what to be thankful for)
OPTIMISTISM (be optimistic about positive expectations about your future)
DONT OVERTHINK (negative overthinking sucks)
GET AWAY FROM ADDICTIONS (that bring negative thinking to your life)
BUILD RELATIONSHIPS (interconnected society and quality relationships)
SAVOR LIFE’S JOYS (take the time to appreciate little things, stop rushing)
MEDITATION (calm your mind and quiet negative thoughts)
FLOW (give yourself time to focus and be in flow-relaxed)
SEEK GOALS (and accomplish)
HAVE LIFE PURPOSE….. (What is yours?)
To some people being positive about life is more difficult than others… It is not fair when you are down and unhappy and others have it much worse.
What do you say to that?
Should you control it or screw it because you deserve to let yourself feel what you think you want to feel.
I mean who wants to feel frustration, sadness, helplessness, pain, hurt, unhappiness, disappointment?
I know I dont, I want always be happy and find joy in everything I do, but do I…
It’s easier said than done, right?
Yes I absolutely understand you, but let me tell you a little secret… when you make yourself believe it, you will!
science doesn’t lie when they say you can trick your brain to believing your happy. When you are sad, push a smile for 10-20 seconds and I promise you, you will start feeling smiley and happy. because your brain really starts to believe your happy.
You don’t believe me, try it to yourself, or even better, research it I won’t find you a link because I an certain that information is so well practiced and researched that it will be easy for you to find without believing I’m biased on me research.
So today, if your having a bad day. Try to put the biggest smile on your face and see how in 3 seconds you can change your while mood.
If that doesn’t do the job, take a look at this beautiful video of a woman that should seem to lose all hope but fights with all the smiles and happiness she could share.
Inspirational. Sensational. Impressionable.