Alex Cromartie, a certified personal trainer and health coach who founded Clermont-based Awakened Fitness in 2013 introduces a strong article on Tips to Prevent Fitness Injuries, and it is nothing but brilliant if you ask me. I would love to share his Tips with you as they are very essential to every body builder, fitness trainer and athlete.
Enjoy your read via Tips to Prevent Fitness Injuries
You may not know this or value it enough, but your Kidney is one of the most important organs in your body and neglecting it endangers your health. Your kidney filters your blood, produces hormones, absorbs minerals, produces urine, eliminates toxins, and neutralizes acids. It is for this reason that you must really take care of your kidneys and avoid any harm to them.
Here are some things that you may not be aware are harming you but are simply killing you slowly:
- Not Drinking Enough Water: When you don’t drink enough water daily, your toxins and waste material start to accumulate and can cause severe damage to your body, as your kidneys need the water in order to filter blood and eliminate toxins and waste materials.
- Consuming too much Salt: Ingesting too much salt can raise your blood pressure and put a lot of stress on the kidneys so keep your daily intake low.
- Delaying your need to go to the washroom: This is without a doubt very problematic to the Kidney and although you may feel that you simply have no time or you need to get things done before taking that quick break, it is a bigger problem than you know, especially if it is on a regular basis as retaining urine increases urine pressure and can lead to kidney failure, kidney stones, and incontinence. Once in a while is okay, but making it a habit is a no go.
- Consuming too much Sugar can be very unhealthy for you: Consuming high sugars during the day causes you to have protein in your urine and having protein in your urine is an early sign your kidneys are not doing their job as they should.
- Not Consuming enough Vitamins and Minerals: This is crucial for a healthy body and any deficiency in your daily diet can increase the risk of kidney stones or kidney failure.
- Over-consumption of Animal Protein is a thing: Red meat, especially, can increase the metabolic load on your kidneys which makes your kidneys work much harder and finally lead to a dysfunction.
- Sleep deprivation is a big No No: Constant sleep deprivation is linked to many diseases including Kidney. During the night your body repairs damaged kidney tissue and depriving it from sleep only defeats that purpose.
- Too much Caffeine is damaging to your body: Caffeine can raise blood pressure and put extra stress on your kidneys.
- Excessive use of painkiller: Abuse painkillers can lead to severe damage of liver and kidneys, and many tend to use painkillers for the most minor of pains as habits appear, but that is simply damaging your organs. Natural remedies should be considered before painkillers.
- Alcohol over-consumption: Just as the Liver can’t handle too much alcohol, alcohol is actually a toxin that puts a lot of stress on our kidneys too and causes its own damages.
So, point to be taken here is that there always needs to be a healthy balance to your diet, including all the necessary nutrients and consuming everything within healthy portions, including Staying ACTIVE, which should never be forgotten! Stay wary of your body and mind, Keep a healthy Balance and stay Safe!
Enjoy life with a Heavy Touch of Health and Care!
Should I be drinking wine?
Of course You should!
Resveratrol, a trihydroxy stilbene derivative C14H12O3 that is found in some plants, fruits, seeds, and grape-derived products (such as red wine) and has been linked to a reduced risk of coronary disease and cancer, and may be the wonder ingredient responsible for many of wine’s benefits.
See these fourteen benefits of wine to prove this to you!
1. You live Longer! People living in places in the world with high wine consumption, are living longer, also according to dietary patterns.
Researchers at Harvard Medical School uncovered evidence that resveratrol directly activates a protein that promotes health and longevity in animal models.
- 2. You get Smarter and Resveratrol may help improve short-term memory
- 3. Inhibit breakouts because of the antioxidants in wine, and Resveratrol is able to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria longer than benzoyl peroxide
- 4. Going to the gym is healthy right? It improves heart, brain and bone function. You know what else does that? Resveratrol, which is in wine.
5.Researchers in Spain found that those who drank two to seven glasses of wine per week were less likely to be diagnosed with depression, so Bye Bye Blues!
6. Modest wine consumption, defined as one glass a day, may decrease the prevalence of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD). Challenging any other alcohol consumption.
7. Promotes Eye health, as Resveratrol stops out-of-control blood vessel growth in the eyes.
8. Wine reduces bacteria on your teeth!
9. Wine cut Cancer Risks:
Red grapes are the fruit best able to suppress the activity of aromatase, the enzyme used by breast tumors to produce their own estrogen – this is called an aromatase inhibitor.
Studies show that moderate consumption of red wine can reduce the risk of colon cancer by 50%.
Harvard Men’s Wealth Watch reports that men who drink an average of four to seven glasses of red wine per week have a 52% less chance of being diagnosed with prostate cancer compared to those who don’t drink wine. Doctors speculate that flavonoids and resveratrol contain potent antioxidants and may counterbalance androgens, the male hormones that stimulate the prostate.
10. Studies show that those who drank wine were less likely to come down with a cold compared to those that drank beer or spirits. Antioxidants help lower inflammation and reduce the symptoms of colds.
11. Wine’s Resveratrol, lower cholesterol.
12. Wine shows benefits of reducing risk of stroke, where beer and hard liquor do not.
13. Regulating Blood Sugars
The amount of polyphenols in a small glass of red wine appears to rival the blood sugar regulating activity of certain diabetes drugs.
14. Those who drink wine moderately have 30% lower risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. This can be due to Resveratrol, as it improves sensitivity to Insulin.
SO, Bottom line: Wine can be a part of a healthy lifestyle, IF CONSUMED MODERATELY!
They say trust your elders, I saw their right. Experience is everything in life. Learn from other’s mistakes, you don’t always need to make them yourself, and you know what, when it comes to these words of wisdom, you really don’t want to make them yourself because that will be a life full of regrets. You don’t want to wake up at 60 saying What did I do to My life? Gosh, do I regret my life. You don’t want that, it is scary.
So I read this article today Advice from some old people, and it was a wake up call.
Please take a look at the 20 tips given by older people to teach you a little something about life. Do’s and Don’ts.
I don’t want to wake up at the end of my life regretting the little things that don’t even end up mattering. Wake up, live a better healthier loving life. Don’t dwell on things that mean nothing. Dwell on what really matters. Take care of yourself and those that mean the most to you.
Read this article and hear every piece of advise loud and clear: Advise from Some Old People
Some foods should be put in the fridge to stay edible and healthy. Some you should keep away from your fridge for health purposes.
So watch and learn:
To learn more…See
Eww right? Apple Cider Vinegar on your hair… Don’t judge too quickly. Research shows it to be a miracle worker and in fact very healthy for your hair.
Quick hair powers include:
Hair growth, PH balancing, Shinier hair, detangling, Split end remedy, dandruff treatment.
Apple cider vinegar has its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties, as well as its PH balancing powers retaining moisture. It also cleanses the scalp, increases circulation, strengthens the hair follicles and promotes healthy hair with more shine and softness.
Check this out for more details: http://thehautemess.com/6-ways-apple-cider-vinegar-can-change-your-hair/
2016 will bring more than just news to your soul, but also to your hair!
It’s obvious that water is good for you, we all know that. But what is it about water that is so important?
- Our bodies are made of 60% water…. without it, we die.
- Drinking water allows weight loss
- Water keeps away all the bad diseases
- When is the best time to drink water? 30 minutes before a meal. Why? because it fills you up, making you eat less, which in turn allows weight loss.
- How much water should you consume? Take your weight and divide by 2, giving you the number of fluid ounces you should drink.
Read more for more details…
Is this for real? Is Johnson and Johnson really selling products for Babies that can harm them?
Here is some facts showing that:
As early as 1982, studies have shown a link between baby powder and ovarian cancer in women. Findings have shown that women using talcbased powders are 300 times more likely to be diagnosed with cancer.
That’s really scary… and it’s true almost every household has one of these bottles and uses them quite often for various reasons… women, men, kids, babies…
What is happening here, will there be an official advisor on them soon? well, you know to avoid them and Read the labels…. be wary of TALC!
Read more for details….
I am going crazy!
I have been researching on and on about Protein powder, is it good? is it bad?
Good Question? Well… it’s just not a good answer.
I have been training quite a lot lately and find I need more protein, for recovery, for energy, for feeling great-ER!
Protein Supplements, some sources disapprove it, and others say it’s okay. Which is the correct one? I still don’t know.
Here are some sources, and you can be your own judge:
However, my safest and healthiest matter I found was by following a natural Protein option, that is by foods, such as:
Great Grains: Oats, Spelt, Quinoa, Amaranth, Wheat germ
Protein-Packed Fruits and Snacks: Dried apricot, Sun dried tomatoes, Edamame, Pumpkin and squash seeds, Chia seeds, Walnuts, Almonds and almond butter, Pistachios
Satisfying Seafood: Ocean trout, Salted cod, Sockeye salmon
Meat (and Tofu) Alternatives: Seitan, Tempeh
So after continuous research, I am still undecided if Protein Powders are a healthy choice, but I will keep you updated if I find the answer.
As for now, my only advise is try to get your protein as naturally as possible.
Keep in mind, Fish oil is high protein intake.
Watch this video for a good 100% natural protein shake:
If you have any suggestions or sources stating one or the other, please do not hesitate to reach out.
The eye, it is not only the window to your soul, but also to your health.
Watch this quick video that demonstrates how just by looking inside the eye, you can manage your health through undertaking precautions to what might be a risk for your body and your health.
Please do not dismiss this video as it is quick and might bring about effects you were not aware of.
Take your health seriously.