Yes, it’s been a while…
Does heart disease run in your family? Don’t stress, just take control!
There are dietary choices that you can make to lower your own risk and control your health.
Cardiovascular diseases , a group of diseases that include conditions that affect the heart or the vascular system such as coronary heart disease, peripheral arterial disease, and even pulmonary embolism, are the most common causes of deathEating Habits You Must Follow If Heart Disease Runs In Your Family
Here are some habits to take on if you have a higher risk of heart disease:
- Eat Walnuts: Walnuts are the only tree nut that is an excellent source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Research has shown that consuming foods high in omega-3 ALA may help reduce the risk of heart disease through anti-inflammatory effects.
- Cook and eat with Olive oil: olive oil is a source of monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols, which with high antioxidant properties. “every 10 grams of extra-virgin olive oil per day reduced Cardiovascular diseases risk by 10%.
- Eating more fruits: helps reduce your risk of being affected by cardiovascular disease. This is thanks to the vitamins, fiber, minerals, and phytochemicals that you get from fruits.
- Drink some green tea: Linked to lower risk of Cardiovascular disease, along with lowering risk of cancer, boosting brain health and more. Secret Effects of Drinking Green Tea
- Use sodium-free herbs and spices instead of salt in your meals. “Strong evidence indicates that reduction of salt intake lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). The WHO has set a global target of reducing the population salt intake from the current level of approximately 10 g daily to <5 g daily. PUBMED
- Avoid ultra-processed meat and eat fish, poultry, and nuts instead: “Ultra-processed meats that are cured, smoked, or otherwise preserved have been linked to increased CVD risk thanks to the presence of certain components like sodium, nitrates, and L-carnitine that may lead to elevations in blood pressure, worsening oxidative stress, greater lipid peroxidation, and unfavorable alterations of the gut microbiome.”
- Eat a Mediterranean diet: this diet is a lifestyle more than a diet and incudes olive oil, nuts, seeds, fish, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. It is a good way to lower CVD as they limit fried foods, concentrated sweets, and many types of meat.
All this to say, if you come from a family with prominent risk of Cardiovascular disease, take control and begin by managing your lifestyle through some healthier habits.
Losing weight is hard work. Losing weight can be very difficult. Losing weight, well… there is different tips everywhere to lose weight. Try adding certain foods or spices to your meals and see how this diet plan, so simple, can change your life.
To start, we all know how healthful berries are, but we neglect to include them in our meals… DO IT. For breakfast, add it to your yogurt, your oatmeal, walnuts or Ricotta , better yet, mix them all together to your liking. Berries are fiber packed and help decrease fat cell formation. I personally enjoy having oatmeal with Yogurt, nuts and berries topped together. It makes a delicious filling and healthy energizing breakfast.
Furthermore, adding the antioxidant, Cinnamon spice, to your meals which has so many benefits including a delicious taste and the fact that it is proven to reduce the accumulation of belly fat. See what combinations make healthy choices.
Another that you should be familiar with is freshly squeezed citrus, which many add to cold and hot water or even to tea. It boosts fat burning and with some combinations makes a whole stronger difference.
Cayenne Pepper and black pepper, tasty add-ons right? Not just that, it increases calorie burning too. Even the pepper vegetable, great source of vitamin. See some great combination too in the link below.
Add spinach to your foods and smoothies too, its just healthy.
Don’t take Ginger for granted, they accelerate gastric emptying and blocks several genes and enzymes in the body that promote inflammation.
Garlic, use it, it does give a smell but wow is it healthy for you, so add it to your chicken, your salmon, to your meals. Combining these two healthy foods makes a whole difference to your diet.
Okay, I have said a lot, now see for yourself, read the following article and do your own combinations and find a healthier you: