Here I was working away and came across this article about Household items that many of us have at home, but are oblivious to their danger and the bacteria they hold. This is not something to take lightly and disregard, because some of these damages include infertility, cancer, emphysema, kidney tissue damage, and birth defects. To say the least, take your time to read and take these in.
These are 20 items:
- Toothbrush: the American Dental Association advises that it is important to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 weeks, as they become less effective with wear and tear. You are therefore brushing almost uselessly.
- Dish Sponge: This is actually one of the dirtiest items you will have in your kitchen. Research shows that a dish sponge is 200,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat – and could even cause paralysis due to bacteria called campylobacter. It should be changed weekly.
- Oven Cleaner: the sodium hydroxide is a very destructive chemical. Drain openers is another; using baking soda paste and vinegar to clean is a healthier option.
- Air Freshener: these contain a phthalates chemical inside them which lead to hormone imbalance and reproductive problems, which we are unaware of. Exposure to these chemicals can cause lower testosterone levels and decrease sperm counts/quality, according to the National Resource Defense Council. These can also cause malformations of the male reproductive tract and testicular cancer.
- Some Makeup Products: makeup shelf life is 24 months for some and others like mascara is 3 months. Most makeup will have many preservatives to keep them good and keep bacteria away. It is important to throw out when they are no longer effective, i.e. shelf life runs.
- Non-Stick Cookware: these cookware are made with chemicals (perfluorooctanoic acid), which are harmful to the liver, thyroid, and the immune system at whole. Opt for stainless steel, glass, ceramic, or iron cookware instead.
- Expired Foods: Expiry dates are there for a reason, they are less effective. Don’t risk food poisoning or feeling ill.
- Old Air Filters: a poorly maintained AC system can become contaminated and potentially harmful, causing/worsening symptoms such as asthma an allergies.
- Antibacterial Soap: These soaps have triclosan, chlorine, and phosphate in them. triclosan, particularly alters hormone regulation, and cause resistance to antibiotics. That means, these soaps not only kill bad bacteria, but good ones too.
- Scented candles: they smell so good huh? I know! Inhaling the chemicals in them is so harmful for you however. The benzene in them can irritate your skin and cause breathing issues. Other possible side effects, according to EPA, is reproductive issues and brain and central nervous system damages. These candles release toluene, another carcinogen. It is best to use essential oils or soy-based candles instead.
- Pressed-wood products: Common symptoms from acute exposure to formaldehyde, which are in certain wood products, manifest as irritation of the throat, nose, eyes, and skin. They can also lead to chronic bronchitis, and obstructive lung disease with chronic exposure.
- Old medication: FDA says expired meds can be less effective, change chemical composition, decrease in effectiveness and may be at risk of bacterial growth. These can lead to more serious illnesses.
- Gas space heaters: These release toxins and if used inside can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
At least 430 people die in the U. S. from accidental CO poisoning, according to the Center for Diseases Control and Control
- Old Paint: Homes before 1978 can contain lead paint, which can cause damage to the brain and vital organs like the kidneys, nerves and blood, and cause poisoning such as symptoms of headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness.
- Bleaches Products: Products such as chlorinated paper towels, toilet paper, and bleached coffee filters expose us to chlorine gas which is bad for you. They also may contain benzoyl peroxide which is dangerous.
- Plastic Containers: the toxic bisphenol-A (BPA) found in plastics can have a dangerous effect on the brain. It can also plays with your hormones. Switch to glass containers or stainless steel.
- Mothballs: Some countries have banned moth balls containing the chemical naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene inside it. These are dangerous as they become a gas when exposed to air. They may also cause cancer. Naphthalene is most toxic as it causes red blood cells to break apart, and cause hemolytic anemia.
- Furniture Polish: these contain chemicals of phenol and nitrobenzene which are easily absorbed by the skin and are harmful to the liver and your whole health, including limiting the ability of the blood to carry oxygen, headache, irritability, dizziness, weakness, and drowsiness.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaners: The corrosive items are most hazardous cleaning items in your house. They carry hydrochloric acid which is very toxic.
- multipurpose cleaner : this stuff is often used in your kitchen but the chemicals inside it are so harmful to you. Smelling it alone, you can tell the ingredients inside are toxic, and unnatural.
To learn more, see 20 household items you should throw out immediately.
You may not know this or value it enough, but your Kidney is one of the most important organs in your body and neglecting it endangers your health. Your kidney filters your blood, produces hormones, absorbs minerals, produces urine, eliminates toxins, and neutralizes acids. It is for this reason that you must really take care of your kidneys and avoid any harm to them.
Here are some things that you may not be aware are harming you but are simply killing you slowly:
- Not Drinking Enough Water: When you don’t drink enough water daily, your toxins and waste material start to accumulate and can cause severe damage to your body, as your kidneys need the water in order to filter blood and eliminate toxins and waste materials.
- Consuming too much Salt: Ingesting too much salt can raise your blood pressure and put a lot of stress on the kidneys so keep your daily intake low.
- Delaying your need to go to the washroom: This is without a doubt very problematic to the Kidney and although you may feel that you simply have no time or you need to get things done before taking that quick break, it is a bigger problem than you know, especially if it is on a regular basis as retaining urine increases urine pressure and can lead to kidney failure, kidney stones, and incontinence. Once in a while is okay, but making it a habit is a no go.
- Consuming too much Sugar can be very unhealthy for you: Consuming high sugars during the day causes you to have protein in your urine and having protein in your urine is an early sign your kidneys are not doing their job as they should.
- Not Consuming enough Vitamins and Minerals: This is crucial for a healthy body and any deficiency in your daily diet can increase the risk of kidney stones or kidney failure.
- Over-consumption of Animal Protein is a thing: Red meat, especially, can increase the metabolic load on your kidneys which makes your kidneys work much harder and finally lead to a dysfunction.
- Sleep deprivation is a big No No: Constant sleep deprivation is linked to many diseases including Kidney. During the night your body repairs damaged kidney tissue and depriving it from sleep only defeats that purpose.
- Too much Caffeine is damaging to your body: Caffeine can raise blood pressure and put extra stress on your kidneys.
- Excessive use of painkiller: Abuse painkillers can lead to severe damage of liver and kidneys, and many tend to use painkillers for the most minor of pains as habits appear, but that is simply damaging your organs. Natural remedies should be considered before painkillers.
- Alcohol over-consumption: Just as the Liver can’t handle too much alcohol, alcohol is actually a toxin that puts a lot of stress on our kidneys too and causes its own damages.
So, point to be taken here is that there always needs to be a healthy balance to your diet, including all the necessary nutrients and consuming everything within healthy portions, including Staying ACTIVE, which should never be forgotten! Stay wary of your body and mind, Keep a healthy Balance and stay Safe!
Enjoy life with a Heavy Touch of Health and Care!
Chili Peppers, Dandelion, Parsley, Flaxseed, and Sea Salt… These are all boosters that cleanse the system and keeps you healthy and free from toxins.
check it out to get more details: