Why is it so hard to achieve a HEALTHY BALANCED DIET?
Sadly, companies have a lot to do with this… The labelling, the word choice, the false advertisement. We live in a world full of deceit and lies.
It is what is, almost everything nowadays is processed food and finding healthy whole organic food is close to none as even when some foods are claimed to be healthy, they are actually not.
Health Canada proposed new regulations that would require companies to add warning labels to all packaged foods that are high in saturated fat, sugar or sodium. According to Global News
Here are Some acclaimed myths to be wary of:
- Artificial Sweeteners have no Sugar and therefore good for weight loss: That is so deceitful it hurts. Artificial Sweetener should never be used as a “healthier” option. In fact sweetener is worse for your weight and it is in fact proven to be linked to weight gain, diabetes and high blood pressure. The Aspartame inside it, in the contrary, makes our bodies CRAVE more Sweets and diminish our body’s ability to LOSE the food that we ate.
- Milk is often considered the best source of Calcium: Growing up we have all been told that milk strengthens our bones and keeps us strong. That is not completely factual. The truth is, you get better calcium in eating dark leafy greens, almonds or salmon.
- Saturated Fat is BAD for you: I have personally questioned myself on this one few times, and unlike the common beliefs, however Saturated fats are found in almost everything, including good foods (avocado, coconut), and more processed foods. Saturated fats can be good, it is the TRANS FAT that you must avoid, as they increase bad cholesterol and reduce the good cholesterol. Saturated fat in fact is needed for brain health and building cell membrane.
- Eggs have been viewed to increase cardiovascular disease: That is absolutely untrue, as they are very healthy for you and provide you will a great amount of protein and vitamin D, including the yolk which offers healthy cholesterol.
- All fats lead to weight gain: while over consuming fat can definitely lead you to gain weight, not all fat is bad for you. In fact, a healthy diet includes healthy fats, such as olive oil, nut, avocado, and more as these actually help you lose weight through a balanced diet with fats that keep you full for a longer time while providing our body with good nutrients.
- Salt should completely be avoided: I am one to avoid Salt, but fact is, avoiding salt has been linked to health issues such as headaches, fatigue, nausea, and low blood sugar. In fact, Bednarski suggests that instead of avoiding salt, may be better eating less processed salt that has been bleached, and trying pink Himalayan salt instead. It provides 84 trace minerals to the body.
- Juice with NO ADDED SUGAR is healthy: Marketing and labelling is commonly false and this leads to confusion for people. Truth is, a cup of orange juice is practically the same as having a cup of Pepsi. Opt for eating the fruit instead.
When you turn fruit into juice, you are losing the insoluble fibre, which is an essential nutrient and helps delay absorption of the sugar. Take the fibre away and you’re just drinking sugar and calories. There’s some vitamin C, but you would be better off taking a vitamin pill for that. According to Robert Lustig (BBC News).
Consider a New You…. Research and Assess. EAT HEALTHY.
Processed foods we all knew, harmful and damaging to your health. We have heard it before, don’t buy frozen foods and so on, but what we failed to be advised is the factual reason WHY these processed foods are so bad for us. So it shows, ‘soybean oil is the most harmful ingredient in processed food’, as well as the second ingredient of high fructose corn syrup. Both together cause a dysfunction and chaos in your body from trans-fat and their genetically engineered origin. It’s genetically engineered (GE) origin is what makes it the most HARMFUL oil out there.
“If you want to avoid dangerous fats of all kinds, your best bet is to eliminate processed foods from your diet.”
News to your ears from one sense, but I bet you knew the basics….
Be careful and be aware of your health!
For more details: