You may not know this or value it enough, but your Kidney is one of the most important organs in your body and neglecting it endangers your health. Your kidney filters your blood, produces hormones, absorbs minerals, produces urine, eliminates toxins, and neutralizes acids. It is for this reason that you must really take care of your kidneys and avoid any harm to them.
Here are some things that you may not be aware are harming you but are simply killing you slowly:
- Not Drinking Enough Water: When you don’t drink enough water daily, your toxins and waste material start to accumulate and can cause severe damage to your body, as your kidneys need the water in order to filter blood and eliminate toxins and waste materials.
- Consuming too much Salt: Ingesting too much salt can raise your blood pressure and put a lot of stress on the kidneys so keep your daily intake low.
- Delaying your need to go to the washroom: This is without a doubt very problematic to the Kidney and although you may feel that you simply have no time or you need to get things done before taking that quick break, it is a bigger problem than you know, especially if it is on a regular basis as retaining urine increases urine pressure and can lead to kidney failure, kidney stones, and incontinence. Once in a while is okay, but making it a habit is a no go.
- Consuming too much Sugar can be very unhealthy for you: Consuming high sugars during the day causes you to have protein in your urine and having protein in your urine is an early sign your kidneys are not doing their job as they should.
- Not Consuming enough Vitamins and Minerals: This is crucial for a healthy body and any deficiency in your daily diet can increase the risk of kidney stones or kidney failure.
- Over-consumption of Animal Protein is a thing: Red meat, especially, can increase the metabolic load on your kidneys which makes your kidneys work much harder and finally lead to a dysfunction.
- Sleep deprivation is a big No No: Constant sleep deprivation is linked to many diseases including Kidney. During the night your body repairs damaged kidney tissue and depriving it from sleep only defeats that purpose.
- Too much Caffeine is damaging to your body: Caffeine can raise blood pressure and put extra stress on your kidneys.
- Excessive use of painkiller: Abuse painkillers can lead to severe damage of liver and kidneys, and many tend to use painkillers for the most minor of pains as habits appear, but that is simply damaging your organs. Natural remedies should be considered before painkillers.
- Alcohol over-consumption: Just as the Liver can’t handle too much alcohol, alcohol is actually a toxin that puts a lot of stress on our kidneys too and causes its own damages.
So, point to be taken here is that there always needs to be a healthy balance to your diet, including all the necessary nutrients and consuming everything within healthy portions, including Staying ACTIVE, which should never be forgotten! Stay wary of your body and mind, Keep a healthy Balance and stay Safe!
Enjoy life with a Heavy Touch of Health and Care!
I have discovered these Tea Leafs, in fact, it is called ThinTea and usually I am very wary about these “diets” however, I found it to be a natural ‘Way of Life’, not a diet, but a lifestyle. This tea is all natural and simply shares a Eating Plan which I found I incorporate in my lifestyle and daily meals already. So I did make the purchase to get these teas, however it is just like going to a tea shop and buying natural organic tea, instead, I have found all the essential nutrients in one blend. I love it.
What I mostly wanted to share with all of you is the Eating Plan included. It really encompasses a great dietary lifestyle for the healthy average person and for the athlete.
Check out this Eating Plan, and savour it.
My personal favourites were the following:
Try beginning your day with a glass water and fresh lemon. Drinking water increases the rate at which people burn calories, and much of this occurs when your body tries to heat the water to process it. In addition, water also has the effect of making you feel fuller without adding any extra calories whatsoever. Drink water throughout your day.
Plan your meals for the week and buy everything you need at once.
When you’re craving something sweet, reach for fruit. If plain fruit bores you, try grilling it or pairing it with protein, such as apple slices with a dab of peanut butter or pears with a few small cubes of Parmesan cheese.
Yogurt is a great food for dieters as long as you avoid the overly sweetened and processed variety. Buy plain yogurt and sweeten it with a tiny bit of honey or some fresh fruit. Chop or puree fruits like berries or peaches,or mix in a little cocoa powder or cinnamon.
Chop some raw vegetables and store them in individual portions in baggies in the refrigerator so you can just“grab and go” when you feel like snacking.
Hard boil a dozen eggs and keep them in the fridge for a quick breakfast or snack, or keep them on hand to chop and add to salads for a protein boost.
Don’t turn up your nose at avocados because of their fat content. Avocados have a high amount of monounsaturated fat, which is a special fat that scientists have found can actually reduce the distribution of fat in the belly area.
Garlic is a nutritional powerhouse that has long been known to help reduce inflammation and blood pressure, lower the risk of heart disease, and boost immunity, but did you also know that in a lab test, rats who were fed a high-sugar diet actually put on less weight if they took a garlic compound?
You might think that skipping breakfast will save you a few calories, but it will actually end up costing you more in the long run and causing weight gain. In fact, your body needs small meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels even; if these levels drop, you’ll find yourself in a bad mood and with a serious lack of energy. Skipping a meal also makes you feel hungrier when the next meal comes around, and you could very well end up eating way more calories at the next meal than you would have if you had eaten normally in both meals combined.
The Mediterranean diet is great for weight loss and also helps reduce your likelihood of dying from heart disease, cancer, and other conditions. This way of eating focuses on vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, and grains and is rich in good fats. Red meat is kept to a minimum, and there is a heavy emphasis on poultry and fish. Olive oil is used instead of butter, and herbs are used to add flavour to food instead of salt. Even an occasional glass of red wine can form part of the Mediterranean diet.
So, to conclude this blog, I would like to say Life is short, enjoy it, don’t follow unreasonable diets that you cannot keep, but make life choices that you can maintain. It is okay to allow yourself that special treat from time to time, otherwise, depriving yourself will only defeat you.
Stay Active, and eat healthy!
Last but not least:Thank you for your patience with me throughout the summer as I was quite immersed; but I am back and very happy to bring you more of My Daily Wellness.
For all of you, Fall is here, make sure you don’t fall into its traps!
It’s obvious that water is good for you, we all know that. But what is it about water that is so important?
- Our bodies are made of 60% water…. without it, we die.
- Drinking water allows weight loss
- Water keeps away all the bad diseases
- When is the best time to drink water? 30 minutes before a meal. Why? because it fills you up, making you eat less, which in turn allows weight loss.
- How much water should you consume? Take your weight and divide by 2, giving you the number of fluid ounces you should drink.
Read more for more details…
Let me tell you something about water…
Without it you don’t live
Without it you can’t stay healthy
Without it you can’t lose weight
Without it you Feel weak
Without it You are not whole
Your body is mostly made up of water mass and without it you will not survive.
Without Water, your body stops working properly.
Enough about what lack of water causes.
Let’s see if you are drinking enough of it.
Follow this link and let me know if I have made a few things clearer for you.
Now. DRINK MORE WATER!!!
Why? Because they are the Leaders.
We have all heard and seen that the Japanese, they live the longest.
Let me tell you some of the reasons…. it is what they eat, what they drink, how they eat and what they do.
Here are some little examples for you to guide your eyes:
Small plates, more soy, lots of tea, lots of hot water,lost of cold water, more fish, less red meats, more rice and vegetables, less dairy, Squatting While they Poop, Meditation, relaxation, simple the slow and relaxed life…
Read these links below to guide you to a a happier, healthier and longer life:
We have all heard the saying, green tea is very good for you! So it seems, but science has shown that it is not the drink with the highest health benefits. Antioxidant content from various popular beverages can be compared. I will leave it to Dr. Greger to tell you more.
We need to drink all the time in order for our bodies to survive. Deprive your body of it and you will die. It covers 70% of earth’s surface and 70% of human body contains it. It is the only element that can be in three states: gas, liquid and solid. Water is the essence of life, however this video describes water in a completely new perspective. It discusses a new field of study that is completely new and exciting to science. There is a hidden mystery behind water that we never knew. Memory, feelings, stress are all human attributes that people face, however you will see how water contains these incredible attributes too. This video is a new discovery on the science behind water.
This new discovery opens up a new field of study and shows that our understanding of our existence is incredibly limited. See how water can become stressed, and react differently to different emotions, and how it is able to interact with different sources of water to unify itself as one. After watching this video it is difficult to not classify water as living. It is crucial to our existence but we never show our appreciation for it. This video will show you why you should.
Watch this video and try some of the examples that are done. I know it is a little long, but it is incredible and it will make you think twice before drinking it again, I know it did for me.