Weight Training and Healthy Eating
To summarise it. Eating greens and doing cardio is not the way to get lean, says personal trainer. Weight training is key and ends up burning more fat as you continue burning it throughout the day. It is inportant to note that to burn fat, you must be in a calorie deficit throughout your day. High Intensity Inrerval Training is the best cardio and most effective method of losing weight.
Read this article.. if says it all .
It Pays Off Not To Snooze…Work UP!
Waking up early to workout is NOT over-rated. Working out in the AM is the Ultimate workout. You want to loose the most Fast reserve in your body? Do it before breakfast.
When’s the best time to exercise to ensure you’re getting the most out of it?
It really does Pay Not to Snooze, and wake up for an early workout.
Why? Because working out before breakfast helps you speed up the weight loss and actually boost your energy throughout the day, in turn preparing your body to an all day fat burn, and pushing your body to tap into its fat reserves for fuel, as opposed to burning off your most recent meal.
A fasted workout is the best Workout. So next time you want to Snooze and sleep in, think about your progress and your hard work. It is much harder after breakfast than before breakfast. Why not speed up your progress and do it right?
THINK ABOUT IT & COMMIT!
For more, Lose Weight – Business Insider.
Weight-Loss Gastric Band: Risky Business
Being overweight is a problem and can be detrimental to one’s health physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is not easy to live life overweight, and various diets are present to help lose weight and be healthier. After many failed diets, desperation leads to desperate measures, including surgeries that are very invasive. Gastric band, designed to temporarily reduce the size of the stomach, is one that few consider as a drastic surgery to help one lose the struggling weight, but these can be very dangerous and can cause an even worse problem. Fact is, gastric bands don’t always work and they are not a long-term solution.
Doctors say better options include gastric bypass surgery, which is permanent but offers better long-term weight control. Another procedure being offered is a sleeve gastrectomy, which also surgically reduces the size of the stomach to about 15 per cent of its original size. It is also irreversible and provides a long-term weight loss solution.
What I Learned about MCTs…
So What is MCT?
Don’t worry, I just learned about it too. I was looking into the Ketosis, which included the intake of MCTs in the diet… So, I ended up focusing on MTCs instead of the Ketosis as a whole.
If you don’t know what that is, Ketosis is when your body is burning ketones for energy instead of glucose (carbs/sugar), but that will be a blog for another day.
“MCTs are medium-chain triglycerides, a form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improved cognitive function to better weight management.
Rich sources for commercial extraction of beneficial MCTs include palm kernel oil and coconut oil.
Coconut oil has roughly 65% of MCTs, and other lower sources of MCT are also found in butter, cheeses, whole milk and full-fat yogurt.
What makes MCTs a top source of essential healthy fats? Medium-chain fats are digested easily and sent directly to your liver, where they have a thermogenic effect and the ability to positively alter your metabolism. This is one reason why many people claim that MCTs, including coconut oil, are burned by the body for energy, or “fuel,” instead of being stored as fat.
Now, some amazing health benefits of MCT are:
- Weight Loss or Weight Maintenance
- Heart Health: it helps help decrease cardiovascular disease and mortality risk due to its metabolic component as it helps lower obese risk.
- Improved energy levels and mood; Your brain is largely made up of fatty acids, MCTs give you that supply from your diet to feel great and think positive, with its vitamins and minerals.
- Improved digestion and absorption of nutrition, by balancing bacteria in the gut and its ability to absorb vitamins and minerals from the foods you eat.
Medium-chain fats can help kill a wide range of pathogenic viruses and strains and bacteria that cause digestive issues, including candida, constipation, diarrhea, food poisoning, stomachaches and so on.
- Its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties: MCTs are able to reduce bad bacteria without harming or removing good bacteria. they are also a powerful and natural antibiotics that help balance bacteria in the gut.
- they are great for cooking with, as they don’t oxidize from heat easily and can withstand high temperatures, while still not becoming rancid or losing its nutrients.
Anyways, I won’t get too into it, because this graph will explain it all in a nutshell.
Celery with Benefits
Celery is not the most Tasteful… but Damn is it Beneficial!
Celery is an under-Rated vegetable as many of us think its just Water and Crunch, but it is much more; as it is a good source of calcium, vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
What Other Benefits?
- Celery has Anti-Canceous properties, with its rich component called Luteolin which helps to lower the growth of Cancer cells in the pancreas.
- It contains Phthalide and pottassium which helps to lower blood pressure by reducing the production of stress hormones.
- Celery also helps maintain a normal cholesterol and regulating Vitamin D. Also includes 3-n-butylphthalide (BuPh), a component with the function of lowering cholesterol and maintaining a healthy heart. The Chicago University study showed that two stalks of celery a day can reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by up to 7 points.
- Celery is healthy for the eyes too, as it contains Vitamin E and antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenol phytonutrients, which keeps the eye moisturised.
- Hippocrates, the father of medicine, wrote that Celery is a vegetable that can be used to calm our nerves and provide a great relief to joint pains, asthma, acne or lung infections. Celery’s special benefit is its components to help reduce inflammation.
- Celery helps boost a man’s fertility, as Dr. Alan R. Hirsch, Director of the Smeel and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, says :
Two pheromones in celery–androstenone and androstenol–can boost your arousal levels. Another good news is celery oil has been found effective in boosting the number and motility of sperm, when it is used together with vitamin E.
- These stalks improve digestion which allows your body to absorb better nutrients, with its high water content, and the NBP (a healthful compound) in the vegetable as it improved circulation in the intestines and helping the body to detox.
- Finally, it helps you lose weight as it is low in calorie (10 calories per large stalk) and rich in nutrients like magnesium and potassium, as previously mentioned. Celery helps you regulate lipids and fats in the body which controls metabolism and restricts obesity. Not to mention, in reality, you are losing more weight chewing on that stalk more than anything else. So moral of the story, eating celery makes you lose weight, and don’t take that lightly because it’s true.
For more details and some Celery recipes, see link below:
Skipping is Fattening
Loosing weight is a struggle. Yes, I know. Most of us have gone through it at least once in our life; unless, of course, genes are in your favour. I, myself, have been a victim of this struggle. Trying everything to loose the extra pounds that are unwelcome. Skipping meals is a common one that some try in hopes of loosing that extra fat.
DO NOT DO THAT! Yes, I am yelling at you!
Sure, many of us heard that lowering calorie intake in your day can help you lose weight but it is not meant to be lowered by removing your essential meals. Losing weight is meant to be healthy. Skipping meals only starves you which in turn promotes fat storage as it deprives the body of essential nutrients and leads to a severe drop in insulin, causing a variety of metabolic issues in the long run. Sure you may feel slimmer for the day as you skip that meal, however as soon as you replenish that ‘thirst’, you will regain it even fattier. Restricting your body and skipping meals lead you to experience a higher activation of genes that lead to storage of fatty molecules and plumper fat cells, and predominantly around your midsection.
A recent study conducted at Ohio State University has revealed that skipping meals not only leads to abdominal weight gain, but it can also lead to the development of insulin resistance in the liver … A similar study conducted at the Oregon Research Institute (ORI) found that skipping meals or restricting the number of calories you consume each day can actually make unhealthy food more attractive.
Essentially, if you are exerting energy without replenishing it, your body will pick up the glucose it finds and will store it, causing more fat cells and leading to invigorated fat tissue.
Moral of the story is: Do NOT skip meals, but simply have smaller healthier meals throughout the day and you will find yourself having better results and more weight loss.
P.S. Don’t forget to exercise!
It Takes Time…
Watch this video quickly…
How do you feel about it?
This video is not to say that you need to break up with someone in order to lose weight, but to show you that through anything in life, weight loss, broken hearts, sad times, etc.Everything takes time, so don’t get discouraged and be patient.
Especially with losing weight, if it’s a quick loss, it’s too good to be true. Good things take time, you’ve heart the saying. Allow yourself to be patient and take life as it comes.
If you are trying to lose weight, follow the rules, don’t cheat your way and expect to achieve what you are looking for. Avoid beer, avoid sugar, control your portions, go to the gym, stay positive, and most of all don’t give up, it Takes Times.
H20: Best Weight Loss & Health Benefit
It’s obvious that water is good for you, we all know that. But what is it about water that is so important?
- Our bodies are made of 60% water…. without it, we die.
- Drinking water allows weight loss
- Water keeps away all the bad diseases
- When is the best time to drink water? 30 minutes before a meal. Why? because it fills you up, making you eat less, which in turn allows weight loss.
- How much water should you consume? Take your weight and divide by 2, giving you the number of fluid ounces you should drink.
Read more for more details…
Right back on GREEN COFFEE BEAN EXTRACT
I have to say… Ever since I posted about this Green Coffee Bean Extract, I have been researching and reviewing if this pill is actually worth it and HEALTHY.
However, though I saw many reviews that gave it positive feedback, though I STILL AM NOT CONVINCED. As I saw a video with Brenda Leigh Turner, I just gave up on the idea. I mean supplements… I have never been able to support supplements like the ones in green coffee extract. All these supplement diets I know are not good for you, I have never supported such a supplement and it has been bothering me since I posted about this extract. Don’t get me wrong I have been hoping they were legitimate and healthy but I think being rather Safe than Sorry is much better. Let’s say they do work. What happens when you stop? Do you gain the weight back and more? Like Dr. Bernstein … I have know many that have done it, and gained the weight all back and more.
SO. I am sorry if I gave some of you hope, but You will need to make that decision on your own because to tell you the truth, I can’t support something that I am not 100% about. I fear this supplement, therefore, I will skip this idea for myself. You make the decision for yourself.
I must say all the advertisement, its working… I know a LivingSocial Deal has come out, and over 400 people have bought it. It’s scary, I guess we can’t tell just yet what the deal is with it.